Swift School Tips - Memphis TN

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ballerina, Nov 4, 2017.

1. ballerina

ballerina Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2017
    My husband just finished his first week. Ask your recruiter about reimbursement options for driving yourself vs. taking a bus down. Bring food. They don't serve any, even if your recruiter promised you that there would be food, there isn't. Also, there isn't a lot of time for going to a Walmart. And no way to get there. If you are a veteran, download the SF 180 form to request your DD214's . Give DD214 to Swift in it's original, SEALED envelope, so don't open it when you get it in the mail. You want the DD214's so that way this school will cost you nothing if you work for Swift for 13 months. The schooling itself feels like a crash course. The good news is, if you don't flunk out (every time they test you in the class and they test you several times, you need to pass), if you don't pass your CDL drivers test, you can take the course up to 3 times (a total of 9 weeks at the school). Don't know if they charge you for 9 weeks though.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    A21CAV Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Mail some lightweight microwave foods to him. Ramen Noodles, instant coffee, mashed potatoes that come in microwave cup, soups. The hotel or school should have a free microwave oven. Once he hits the road, microwave use is free at truckstops.
    We, experienced drivers, usually tell students to take this stuff in a duffle bag if we know beforehand they're short on money.

4. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    He is working for one of the top training schools out their and be taking care of especially well by swift. He just needs to keep the driver door closed and get miles then a pay check and then it’s time to eat. I hope it all works out well for ya. Soon the pay checks will be so huge that he will forget about any negative memories of the school and just rolling in the dough. 700 a week will make it all worth it

plankton Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [QUOTE="19d, post: 6528067, member: 176033" 700 a week will make it all worth it[/QUOTE]

.....lol

Randy45, WesternPlains and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  6. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Really gonna need to eat cheap and possibly one hell of a diet is in the future.. haha I’m just messing around I work for schneider and I can’t even afford socks to wear with my flip flops when it’s cold out side hagahagaha but I bought some adidas pants.. yes sir

plankton Thanks this.
  7. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Or send these to him:
    www.chef5minutemeals.com

Frank

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I raid the Goodwill and Salvation Army donation boxes for clothes. For food, at meal time, I go in a large grocery store and start filling a shopping cart; all the while munching away on whatever I like, especially that hot deli food. When I'm full and no longer hungry, just leave the shopping cart in the aisle and walk out. Learn to work the system to your advantage.

plankton Thanks this.
  9. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Another good money saving - good reducing technique I will share is this. Now this at first sucks pretty bad and very uncomfortable but in no time you feel great and the money just stacks up like cord of pulp wood. Ok so here it is and ya can think me later for sharing. So say he gos out on the road Monday morning right, well he is hungry as heck also. Well he needs to go buy him or fix himself a good breakfast. And it’s very important for him to eat as much as he can, I mean really stuff his belly. Why you maybe asking yourself right now? This is why, because after that breakfast on Monday he can’t eat again until lunch on Tuesday. Now just close your eyes and picture that money stacking up for that driver and his family.. ok so now it’s Tuesday at lunch and time to eat. He needs to eat as much as he can which he will at this feast because most likely he really weak and possibly faint feeling since last he ate was 30 hours ago but as the days go by all those feelings will go away and he will feel great watching the money stack up right. Ok so after that meal on Tuesday at lunch his next meal will be Wednesday at dinner. This is a special day because dinner only comes twice a week so he needs to really take his time and enjoy this meal. And now you should see the path I’m sharing here. It go’s breakfast, lunch, dinner in rotation but the following day. So his next meal after that dinner will be breakfast but not the next day, no sir.. he must not eat that day at all and wait till the next for breakfast. Ruffly will always be around 30 hours between meals. First week sucks but after that you don’t even think about it really. All you do is stack and stack the money. Now this will really help him save money big time and to save even more if he can get the Wife and children at the house to start living by these simple procedures and techniques as well.. Then I don’t think I need to say it but I will, but I’m sure you are guessing it right now.. Yep that’s it, the money is really stacking up now big time, and really fast. You know this might not work for all but I figured I would atleast share it and let some give it a try and stack that money drivers. Safe travels professional drivers

plankton Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I found this clip of Swift's sleep apnea exam.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  11. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Lol hagahagaha... that’s what the guy looked like last nite trying to back into parking spot at petro last nite... he was strung out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.