Swift should be so proud!!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Brickman, Jul 29, 2007.

1. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    yeah im glad im not the only one whos has noticed that

my question is HOW?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    A few years ago, I was on I 80-294, on the south side of Chicago, just east of the Thornton quarry. I saw another driver pulling a Uturn on the interstate a bit in front of me. I gave him a hard time on the CB about it. He came back at me cussing and complaining about me! Because I gave him a hard time about it. He almost causes an accident, doing something stupid on a busy interstate, and he acts like it's MY fault. A few others got on his case, and he finally shut up.

4. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    I believe there is an old trucking song that says, "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around."

I, too, saw an independent O/O make a U-turn across I-80 in western Nebraska because he missed the I76 split. Interestingly, there was an offramp about a mile down the road where a safe "U-turn" could have been made.

I also know that I made some boneheaded moves when driving but I would never attempt a U-turn on an interstate or in most other places. It just takes too much room and time to make sure no one will hit you.

I

5. desert_son

desert_son Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Liberty Hill, Tx
    I have turned in Swift drivers for doing this and other dumb*** moves. As a Swift driver they make me look bad.

The Challenger and JasonCT Thank this.
  6. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    In two years with Swift I turned in approx 8 drivers for dangerous moves. The worst? WA-14 WB by Wishram. Had both trailer doors open doing 60 MPH. Hit a car on the side of the road with the right door. We (two other drivers and myself) had been talking to him on the CB to let him know the doors were open. Honest mistake...forgot to close a refer correctly once and was thankful that somebody told me. We weren't giving him any problems about it at first, but he said he'd close them when he turned off on WA-197 about 9 miles down the road. After he hit the car and didn't stop, we all called both the Washington State Patrol and the Oregon State Police. They got him just before he crossed over to Oregon, so it was nice. The three of us pulled over (big parking lot about 1/2 mile before the state line) and offered to give statements. The police officer was kind enough to arrest the idiot on the spot. Made our day. I really felt sorry for the people who had their car smashed by the door, but was happy that no person was hurt.

7. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Was on the Mackinac Bridge the other day and there is a 500 foot limit between trucks because of weight reasons, I was running at about 78000 or so and this truck comes right up behind me, So I told him that he needs to back off 500 feet, he cussed me and stayed right on my bumper, Mind you, I am going 3 miles per hour over the 20 mile per hour speed limit on the bridge,
    A state trooper passed us and when we got to the other side, he pulled him over and waved at me. I think he must of heard the CB talk.

8. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Thank goodness you didn't have a bad outcome due to an idiot that can't figure out that DOT does do a few things for a good reason, ay?

9. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Heck, I drive for Sure Wish I'd Finished Training and I'd call the bears on that moron (u turn). Sorry, guys. I've gotta get my miles and time somewhere.

10. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan
    I cross the bridge 2-4 times a week as well and they are strict on following distance and 20mph. As well as having your hazards on. Lol they do alot of inpections on the north side of the mighty mac as well. I usually get it about every 2 months. LOL always the same guy dont know his name but hes the tall one thats walks like BigFoot so thats what i call him. Good guy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.