Swift---sleep apnea

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by b3enthusiast, Feb 3, 2015.

1. polytrucker

polytrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Garden Grove Ca
    Swift doesn't do sleep study test , but if a doctor recommended it and the CPAP machine you should get it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diantane

Diantane Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Alderson, WV
    I was hired by Schneider National with sleep apnea. I think they think every driver has it :) They provide you with a battery, charger and inverter for your tractor. Although I can run my CPAP machine on a 12 volt outlet overnight with no issues. Although during the winter months the bunk heater will turn off the outlets after a few hours. After about 3 months I was told to take my memory card to any of the Driver Services desks and they would not only read the card, but send the info to the compliance contractor. It was fast and easy! This will make the annual requirement painless.

4. Tolan

Tolan Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Detroit, MI
    Swift has certain places you have to go. I know this cause i am in the process of renewing my med card. My primary care who went to school for 7 plus years to become a medical doctor is not good enough for them. However the guy that took a 3 week course is. Knowledge is power in most cases except when it comes to dot medical exams. Just be ready to get a 3 month card and have to take a sleep study test that insurance will not pay for as you really dont fit the need for one. But i am not bitter about it.

5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Swift wouldn't hire me because my cpap wasn't to their "standards".

6. Pirate_Freder

Pirate_Freder Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    That statement about them going off of BMI must be correct because when I started there they didn't bother to check my neck or esophagus. I would recommend steering clear of Swift though. My DM was fantastic(local dedicated) but whenever I had to deal with terminals or corporate...forget about it. There are countless employees on every level from the bottom to the top that are extremely dishonest and disrespectful. The worst part is that the company is okay with that, these people have long and successful careers with Swift. Maybe that's because when you try to get help you end up just running into more of the same.

Sorry for the rant lol. I don't want anyone to have go through what I did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.