swift tenn

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by taper1013, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PigPen

PigPen Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Sumter, SC
    thanx for the helpful addition, kinghunter. i couldn't remember the school name, and am too lazy to search for it tonight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I went to the site too late, so I can't find anything on this story. No matter, as absolutely nothing I'd read about SwiftQuit would surprise me, save for some disgruntled driver going postal at one of the terminals. And then I'd be surprised for only about a quarter of a second.

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE

Did it. Read it. Surprised? What, me surprised this would happen at SwiftQuit? SwiftQuit claims it is not being investigated. Give me a break. What do the headlines say, Swifty?

I guess somebody in Memphis is crooked and getting while the getting is good.

5. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    6 years ago I went to US Truck driving school in Troutdale OR (95% Swift) then drove for Swift (Terminal on the other side of the airport) for 6 months to get experience then move on to a better company. That school is no longer there, and I havent heard the reason why they shut down? If you know, I would like to hear it... I do know that school relied heavily on Swifts new drivers that needed CDL's. Drive Safe!

6. aceontheroad

aceontheroad Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Sullivan, IN
    Yeah I was supposed to go to that school on the 11th of march but my recruiter called me a week before not to mention I have already quit my job, he proceeded to tell me that millington is no longer accepting new students so, he wanted to send me to san antonio for training on APRIL 9 (that would mean that I would be out of a paycheck for 5 weeks plus the 3 weeks of training. So I proceeded to look around on the web to find out why. Needless to say once I saw the FBI, ATF, the Attorney's Office and a few other government entities had raided the school facility i decided to give P.A.M. a call and they have me set up to go to indy on the 17 of march.

7. HUNTINGBIGAL

HUNTINGBIGAL Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Cashton, Wisconsin
    Hoorah...Someone with common sense.....My wife will be attending Swift Academy in Idaho. After much research we feel this is the best training available. I'm sorry to hear that kid cardiac turned down a good opportunity because of the lack of information. We look at it this way...There is corruption in all aspects of life from the Goverenment down to 5 and dime stores if you look hard enough...I don't imagine this sucessful CEO would condone corruption, what would be his reasoning. Usually it is companies going under or CEO's about to retire where corruption lies. If there is a penny to be had someone will find it. or someone will be mad that they didn't find it first... usually a underpaid government employee or low man on the totem pole within a company. Why are most people looking to place blame on a great company without the investigation being complete? Why are most people concerned about the facts that really aren't facts yet. Our concern is about the actual licensing issued to WHO....Remember 9/11 ....Terrorists wanted to learn to fly planes not land them.....Let's worry about checking the identities of those individuals first.

8. IH Scout

IH Scout Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Greer SC
    Wow,..you really have some deep personal issues, hope you get a chance to deal with them at some point.

According to the Rueters News Service it says the following;
    PHOENIX, AZ, Feb 25 (MARKET WIRE) --
    Swift Transportation Co., Inc. ("Swift" or the "Company") has been informed
    by law enforcement officials that the company is NOT the target of an
    investigation by Federal and State law enforcement agencies. These agencies were
    on
    site at the Swift Transportation commercial truck-driving school near Memphis,
    TN today
    and executed search warrants as part of an on-going investigation that involves
    the issuing of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL) at the company's facility
    in Memphis, TN. Swift indicated that these investigations will cause no
    disruptions to their business.

I realize this doesnt fit your mold of Swift is the cause of all evil the world over, but pardon me for taking up for the company I work for when deliberate misinformation is posted by you in an attempt to somehow feel better about yourself. I aint buying what you are selling.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.