Swift Training @ C1 Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Charlie Mac, Apr 4, 2016.

1. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    congrats. it's always nice to see a legitimate success story. the company I worked for at the time was gracious enough to pay for my studying and testing and let me use their equipment for the test.

I tested for my cdl over there. only one hiccup, which is funny now. the cdl booklet I was given (by my employer) to study had the OLD air pressures printed for the brake test. naturally I immediately failed after the instructor asked me again what the numbers were and I ultimately repeated the wrong ones, twice. I got very upset because I KNEW what they were. stormed back in the building after it was over with my OLD book and angrily showed him. then he politely informed me that I had an old book. so...I had to retake the test, passing it the second time. this was circa 08.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Charlie Mac Thanks this.
  4. Charlie Mac

Charlie Mac Ears On, Hammer Down

Dec 29, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm alive! Still with Swift running "shuttle" (swapping trailers midway with other drivers from Memphis & Detroit). Hourly wage, home every night. 4 on 2 off.

Just got a call from Columbus today asking me if I wanted to earn some extra cash running local (100 mile) deliveries from drop yard on my off days. My reply...
    [​IMG]

scottied67, Thull and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    So glad to hear, man~! I've asked Thull / Theron etc... numerous times, and he had no clue, either. btw: Check in on his threads, and all the stuff he's been thru! (I know ya from "other" places . . and admire the heck outta you. My wife's one of your fans there, LoL).

Cool, and Kudos, man.

ps: @Thull ..... looky~!

Thull Thanks this.
  6. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ps: If you head up to CMH in the evenings, meet me at Hoggy's~!! Best Reubens and Onion rings I've EVER had~!

Thull Thanks this.
  7. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Oh man look who popped in!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    That's good to hear man! Keep it up! Making all kinds of money over there @ Swift!

Charlie Mac and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    IKR, bro?~? Sooooooo glad 2 hear. Be safe, both of y'all's~!! TTYS!

Thull Thanks this.
  10. Thull

Thull Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Same to ya man! I can't wait to get home tomorrow!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    @Thull & @Charlie Mac my ole' lady/ my better half!! is going for her DOT and sleep-study Monday in Columbus @10 am.... no way to dissuade her at this point, she's bored with School Buses...... haha!!!!!
    Y'all are an inspiration to us both...... and thank you for the updates. Yeah, might be Swift.... I hope!
    Better than CRST with their new http://www.livetrucking.com/large-t...allow-non-cdl-holders-to-drive-by-themselves/ .... i mean i know she can drive....she comes along with me often, with her CDLP... but um....... hmm.
    she 'thinks' she wants to team, but haylnah..... i'm done with that, LoL~!
    Thanks to y'all again, for all you do.
    She feels that her 'mixed' ethnicity could be a downfall, but I actually see it as a plus....ya kno?
    Glad to hear y'all are doing what you do, keep me posted.. You've both been instrumental more than you think.
    BE SAFE, drivers~!!

Thull Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.