Swift transition is making me crazy

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by clayshot, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Found a way to enter the c in at a swift terminal. Press the 2. Then press the shift key 3 times. If there is no shift key. Try holding the 2 down until it turns into an a. Then press the 2 until it becomes a c. I succesfully got fuel at Gary today. Reefer and all.

Clyde07 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Have you figured out yet how to buy w/s washer fluid? I've bought coolant and anti-gel by selecting "yes" to buy additional products when fueling. But, washer fluid is always declined when I go inside to get it. Anybody else having that problem?

4. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    If you're buying it at a pilot or road ranger. Tell them to run it as additives. Not washer fluid. Then it'll go thru. Learned that a few weeks back. And the manager told me it was a trick to use. I don't think it works anywhere else. But pilot it does. You can so the same thing for oil and such. If it declines. Just ask them to run it as additives.

Or you could just do a Mac 28 for 25 and buy some washer fluid. Put the po on the receipt and just pocket the rest. Then the 25 will take off your check. And you'll only get reimbursed for the amount of your receipt.

Another option is to just pay cash. Put your truck, load number, and driver code on the receipt. As long as it is under 20 you should be able to get reimbursed without a po number. You just have to call in to payroll and ask them to look it over. I did this the other day. Bought a head light for 19.29 total. Didn't have to call OTRM or anything. Just paid cash. Scanned it. Called payroll and they took Care of it.

Hopefully that helps. Kinda went far into it. Lol. Those examples are from situations after the swift transfer.

Clyde07 Thanks this.
  5. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Thanks Buckeye. Yes, good info. Wow, it's so much easier now. The old way was such a pain, you know having to pull your card out and make them swipe it, and done deal.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  6. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    We have definently down graded on some things. That's for sure.....

7. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Oh yea ,
    on a good note we upgraded on some new trailers , I have one now I dont know if its ever been hooked other then to take it to the yard. Lol
    So we can still get anti gel and oil by choosing yes for additives at the pump , huh
    I haven't put anti gel in for a few months , I just never shut the truck off at night . Hahaha

8. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Ya know , I was just on the phone with with s wifts payroll and detention dept, and dam I don't know if I ever had that much help with central . Lol
    Things are looking up here .

9. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Yeah. That's one thing I can say is. If there is anything in their power they can do. Swift payroll will get it done. But I never really had a problem with centrals payroll neither. My payroll clerk got stuff fixed right away. The worse part was gettin her on the phone. That's what's nice about swifts. Just sit on hold and someone will answer.

on a side not. A couple weeks ago someone from central payroll called me to see how things were going. Asked if I had any questions. That took me by surprise.

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'm really glad some things are looking up for some of you.

tangerineGT and Buckeye91 Thank this.
  11. tangerineGT

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Was it central payroll , or swift payroll . I got the same call probably , when I answered , I was blown away , asked how things were going if I had any questions at all ..
    my jaw about hit the steering wheel . Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.