Swift Transportation Company, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RoadWarrior666, Sep 16, 2006.

1. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS
    Its 6 weeks by law for new drivers. No way to shorten that unless previous experience can be shown.

Wes

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bmegirr

bmegirr Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Ocala FL
    i brought 12 years OTR experience with me when i came over to Swift around a year and a half ago..(from Heartland Express)...i'm not gonna call all the swift naysayers liars, all i can say is that none of it has happened to me..sure, there are problems i experience with Swift, but they're the same problems i have experienced with every company i've ever worked for....i was assigned a brand new truck when hired as i was promised, and when i have been delayed at a customer, i recieve detention pay the next pay period (not that that happens alot) as i was promised..i talked to 30 Swift drivers before coming over..i will admit that the main reason i came to Swift is because i moved to florida and now live very close to one of their terminals...i'm known by most of the office personnel (small terminal) and my DM knows my voice when i call....some of the problems that some drivers have had at swift might of been their misunderstanding on how their system works..keeping accurate eta's and pta's are a must...and knowing how their logging software works will minimize your log violations...(just a note to the driver that complained about the 2 cent difference in west coast freight---READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!its all in there)....the only problem i have experienced is all the negative comments i receive from other drivers..and i understand, Swift has a lot of inexperienced drivers...but i can handle it, i dont have to prove myself to anybody....finally, i am NOT asking you to come over to Swift (more freight for me)..just saying there's 2 sides to every coin.........

4. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

That's the truth. I was told I had a taillight out on my trailer so I pulled over to check. Another truck driver was crossing where I was at and told me that they probably were messing with me cause I am Swift. Reminded me of my time spent in elementary school. But like you said, who do you have to prove to? You're not putting food on their table or paying their bills. I don't have anything to prove to any other trucker or company on the road.

5. The Sheltie

The Sheltie Bobtail Member

Highly suggest "Diary of a Swift Driver," by SnowHawk. If you Google the name include the quotes, it will be your first choice.

6. DC CAB

Everyone has their own way of looking at things. Again, if I am ok, then it doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks.

7. 64chevyrider

64chevyrider Bobtail Member

May 20, 2007
    anywere but home!!!
    i just came from orientation from swift in ocala florida.it was ok accept all the other stupid people that were in there cant even follow directions to fill out paperwork, how do they expect to drive??its ok tho i leave with my mentor tommorow and get these 42 days over with.:biggrin_25524:

8. DC CAB

I just finished my training. Go Monday to pick up tractor.

9. shortrookie

shortrookie Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    anyone start out as rookie with swift and go flatbed?

10. martinez

martinez Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Are you still with Swift? How many miles were you averaging per week when you first started?

11. martinez

martinez Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I have one question for you? I have heard the the training is 21 days at an academy and that once you graduate from the school you are sent OTR with a Mentor for six (6) weeks. Now, do they send you back to your home terminal to hook up with a mentor or do they hook you up with a mentor out of whichever academy it is you go to?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.