Swift Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Gary7, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Gary7

Gary7 Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Toms River New Jersey
    found this story on the web, just how low can swift go here.
    I drove for swift from march 08 till oct 09. I never had a log violation or ticket accident was never late on a load. I was called into the Memphis terminal and was told that the terminal was laying 75 drivers due to lack of freight, and that I was eligible for unemployment benefits. well I got home to mobile al. and the next Monday I call Tennessee and applied for unemployment, I received 2 checks and then was told that they said I was fired due to log violations. my wife got sick and went into the hospital for congested heart failure, kidney disease. things got better and I started looking for work it was now 2010. I applied for work for 3 companies and was turned down. my wife got sick again and has been in the hospital on 3 different occasions and now had her legs amputated. I have applied for work in a different field, i contacted hire-right and had then send me my report, on it was a statement that I had been involved in an accident killing someone and both vehicles had to be towed, I am in the process of suing swift and hire-right for slander, back pay and anything else I can get.

here the link http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/swift-transportation-c381024.html

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
    sweetdaddy915 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    So you found this on the web, and felt it was factual? I mean come on, I think the guy left out the part where his mother and father suffered from cancer caused from the smoke emitted from his Swift tractor. Then his son also became sick, and had to have one of his arms amputated, his daughter was paralyzed with fear, and finally his dog died. I'm not a Swift fan, but this is nothing but fiction. Swift lays him off then they claim he was involved in a fatality accident, right.

sweetdaddy915 and Injun Thank this.
  4. Gary7

Gary7 Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Toms River New Jersey
    Here maybe u like this one better.
    Swift Transportation Terminated and then they claim that you quit to deny unemployment Ocala Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Also happened to me

Attention Drivers!

Make sure to keep copies of all company memos and take pictures of those Qual-Comm messages that you consider important. Specially those that put you at

odds with your DM. They will fired you and then when you try to collect unemployment benefits they will claim that you quit. The screw up unemployment process will always be in their favor unless you have proof.

At the present time I am going through the appeal process and one of the documents that I am using is the policy on Voluntary Termination found in Section 2 page 9 of the employee manual (Make sure you share this information with others)

If you or anybody have a copy of the company memo issued between Oct 07 and Feb 08 regarding the refusal of short haul loads and the impact of the economic slow down please contact me. A copy will help me and those others that are in the same situation.

Richard26
    Wellington, Florida
    U.S.A.

here the link http://www.ripoffreport.com/truckin...tion/swift-transportation-terminate-baeg5.htm

Swift Transportation did the same thing to 3 other drivers there post are below that one on the site

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  5. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    From what I see both of these examples you posted are no more than a forum entry. There is no factual documentation to prove the claim that Swift did any of the things that are claimed.

6. flguy

flguy Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Well that's all this place is too...a forum.

I don't know as I've never worked for them but if you get many different people telling you the same thing, very often (but not always) there is something to the allegations. This has usually been my experience.

7. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    I agree. But I would have to say these two stories are a little far from factual, could be some truth but I doubt it.

8. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    Swift has conservatively 20,000 employees and 16,000 drivers at any one time, they have over 150% turnover rate among drivers so that means, again conservatively that in a years time posibly 24,000 drivers churn through their system and out of that if 50% of those post bad things about them and you have found a few to back your accusations.... yup, I'm going to take all this for fact too!!!
    I've never worked for them but I know they provide jobs for a lot of people, all of them are not going to like the company and all are not going to have good experiences, I also doubt seriously that any company will purposely try to sabotage anyone's career without some form of proof just in case they get sued! I'll bet if you look just a little there will be thousands of posts from people that love the place.
    As this is JUST a forum where opinions are posted, that's my 2 cents!!!

9. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

The OP is what many people refer to as a "troll." He has two other threads badmouthing the company and two more threads badmouthing two separate companies.

And jlind, as of two weeks ago, Swift's turnover rate under 130%.

10. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Are those "real" numbers with factual proof or just something posted on the web? I don't doubt that their numbers are probably in the top ten but 130% right now....I'd need proof to believe that.

11. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

I don't do the whole "i read it on the Net so it's true" thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.