Swift =

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by csmith1281, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You are just splitting hairs. You were tested for the permit process. It's been tried in court and failed before to get something like this off dac. If you don't like the results you should not have tested..One month is not being sober (or whatever not using weed is called).
    You'll still have to deal with it in year, but as it's not a DOT test you will only have to deal with people who care about dac. Might even have to wait three years for it to fall off.

Shanray40 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015

Why wouldn't their "preemployment drug test" apply to you. If you were on Swift property to try and get a learners permit then you were obviously trying to get a job at Swift. They don't just run an academy for people to drive for other companies.

Also, pretty sure drug tests are always on the first day no matter the school. If you thought there was even a chance you would test positive you should have just made up an excuse and walked out.

If you're looking for a lawyer just google "trucking/CDL lawyer" with your city or state and talk to them about it. No hate but doubt you'll be driving for a while at this point.

Shanray40 Thanks this.
  4. Shanray40

Shanray40 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    D2AA3F05-3003-4E7F-8271-52CDBF91B5D9.png
    I am not splitting hairs the regulation is very clear dot pre-employment drug testing does not apply to some one that doesn’t have a permit or cdl. §382.103

5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Like @ZVar said DAC is a private company...chances are it's staying on there. If it were me I would pay to get my CDL through a private entity and then try to get a job at a company that couldn't care less about DAC. Just my $.02....but that's what I'd do.

Tb0n3 and Shanray40 Thank this.
  6. Shanray40

Shanray40 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    thanks for the info

7. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    a long time ago i attended a lecture by a us navy doctor.
    he said with the start of urine testing all the denial and the lies and excuses before captains mast came to a screeching halt.
    you have failed in your trucking career

8. Shanray40

Shanray40 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    No I haven’t its just been postponed. There are companies that don’t care about DAC or driver fact. I will find one. And I have contacted an attorney to get it removed. Thanks for you 2 cents but really not needed.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  9. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    It’s a long life thinking you have all the answers. Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin and listen to other people.
    The most successful people learn by listening, not arguing...

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Nope, he's always right. You know like most druggies he simply thinks everyone is out to get him. Nothing he did is the cause of his troubles, etc...
    Gets kinda old to be honest.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  11. Shanray40

Shanray40 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    No never said that.. your putting words in my mouth. I should have waited before I took the drug test my bad at least a few months but I really didn’t know that it would stay in my system such a long time. But it’s ok I will be on the road this year or next. I will find away. Thanks again for you sarcastic remarks. Like you’re perfect. I can’t wait for you to do something wrong and get screwed for it. Of course you’d never have the balls to post it would you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.