1. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Well said!!.
    Great post!!
    I would just add , when they start with the team bs you should clench your butt cheeks cause they're getting ready to ....... Well you get the idea.

bigblue19 and taodnt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ogtrucker47

ogtrucker47 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Tennessee
    I'm not sure why you quoted my statement, you didn't say anything profound or contradictory about my post. What was your point in quoting my statement? That is my personal experience and what I know from having spent nearly 2.5 million miles on the roads trucking and my time spent at Swift. Unless someone works for themselves they will always be a "hired hand" regardless of their chosen profession. When a driver has zero experience and brings no skill with years of experience to the table they are going to have to suck it up, be dedicated, have a good work ethic and pay their dues, regardless of the company size. Whether it's Swift or a smaller company, no newbie is going to luck into the best of the best jobs, those are reserved for those of us that have already paid our dues. Nothing in life is easy and neither is finding a great job with no experience. While a new driver can have boundaries with their employer, they also need to understand they are replaceable and a dime a dozen. Keeping that in mind, being dependable, safe, timely and staying out of truck stops and keeping a clean record and don't job hop are some of the most important things they will need to learn. If they do that trucking will work out if they want it to work, many can't handle seeing their loved ones 40-60 days a year, others can not manage money or their own time and end up leaving the industry.

3523 Thanks this.
  4. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    The further away you get, the more you can define it as a 'din'.... ultimately, an irritating hum in the background.

Why didn't you quote his? You guys aren't talking?..... Thought I had it rough with doubledriver because I'm only a daycabber, a part-time trucker, but we can still talk.

5. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Got that same load of crap from CRST for about a year or so after I told them to stick their truck where the sun didn't shine. Seems only fair after they docked me $150 for miscommunication between fleet managers that caught me in the middle.

6. driverdriver

May 30, 2011
    Trucker??

Lol .

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    giphy.gif

Ha! The Simpsons did it!

8. driverdriver

May 30, 2011
  9. mattymatt

mattymatt Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2014
    They all say this so to make things seem professional for their customers. It's not quite lying, it's called marketing. LOL!

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  10. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Sorta like when we lie to the government, it's a felony.
    But when the government lies to us, it's politics.

11. mattymatt

mattymatt Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Exactamundo!

taodnt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.