Swifts Risk Analysis point system.....

Discussion in 'Swift' started by longhairdontcare, Dec 25, 2018.

1. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I’m pretty disappointed in you guys for having too many Swift points.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Are there driver-facing cameras in your trucks? Forward facing "connected" vid systems?

Regardless, I suspect these are coming from snitch drivers in your fleet maybe flagging video segments for the office to review.

But it's easy for a motorist to call in with a trailer number and approx location and date/time and have this verified with historical positional data, down to the driver. It's very easy to see trends and it's hard to ignore this, if the same truck numbers/drivers keep coming up it's hard to chalk this up to numerous false call-ins designed to make a driver look bad

Omega1 Thanks this.
  4. longhairdontcare

longhairdontcare Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2016
    that's gotta be it.

5. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I can help your ratings. If u guys tell us your truck numbers, I will call Swift with compliments on how I witnessed your professionalism, etc..

shogun, thelushlarry, JonJon78 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Thanks but, no thanks.

I would rather keep it honest.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    When the cameras were first put in they also were aimed toward us.
    Not any more.
    They either lost too many drivers or the cameras showed more than Swift wanted, and that aspect was disabled.

I agree with that last part. Random calls can not account for who is logged in to the Qualcomm at a certain time. Also, why would a citizen be reporting an incident with a truck unless something happened?
    Much less, every month around the same time.

Videos can not be flagged by snitch drivers. It is a third party company that reviews the videos and then decides which ones to send.
    We, as drivers, do not have access to other drivers videos.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I wonder if someone is calling in your rig from near home. Possibly with a axe to grind in trying to get back at you for a imagined insult or some other problem.

I never heard of a points system, however all drivers have a folder and in that folder goes bad things, small and great. I remember one time I took breakfast like 2 hours early one morning where I only needed 40 minutes to roll to shipper in Baltimore by 8 and a dispatcher called that in as if it was a bad thing. That went into my folder. (And endeth breakfasting with a (Company) big rig, only in my car from that point on that early)

Eventually when that folder gets too fat or too heavy for the office dweeb to carry around, you get fired.

9. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    If the folder gets too fat and heavy, the driver probably deserves to be fired.

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    This is not a hard system to stay compliant with.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    On ours (and I assume they are all the same) we can press a "panic button" and it will immediately save and upload the clip and it remains flagged for the third party to review. "Flagged" events get priority and are always reviewed, versus the random-pull-clips used for random safety audits. (This is true for forward and/or driver facing systems)

regardless, if this is as frequent as you say it's happening lately, it has to be video clips that don't require 4th (or 3rd) party communication ... the video and time stamp and quick positive ID capability speaks for itself OR, it's like I stated in my previous post.

Even if your system doesn't have a "panic button", all a snitch has to do is say to Phoenix safety "call up my 13:55 on 12/19/2018 for review" and it's done if they want to and trust you (they trust all CI's) At which point, if they don't like what they see, they ID the truck/driver from the trailer number and post to their file.

But no matter the case, if push comes to shove and you get released or have bonus pay withheld or pay increases suspended due to these, you have a right to have them show you the audio phone recordings and/or vid clips they are using to judge you or dock your pay.

I had a suspicion something was up when they decided they were going to do away with driver-facing side. I figured they'd come up with other means to cull or dock unwanted drivers with the other half of the system. Think about it. Think about how many thousands of quarterly safety bonuses (hundreds of thousands of dollars) they can avoid with a little effort.

The larger the mega fleet, the more potential there is of this sort of abuse. The numbers count of snitches is directly proportional to the size of the overall corporate fleet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.