SWTDT in Phoenix,AZ

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by rickyboricky, Nov 28, 2019.

1. rickyboricky

rickyboricky Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2019
    PHX
    I've been approved for a WIOA grant thru Pinal county to go to SWTDT. Eric was my point of contact at the school. It seems he lied to me twice. First was telling me there is a 16 day waiting period after taking the written test before a learners permit would be issued. Second was advising that job placement assistance was not included with the 40hr refresher course.
    #1 was refuted by the MVD office. No waiting period.
    The second is refuted by their own website which says job placement is included.
    I e-mailed my contact at AZ DES of this and also his attempt to sell me on the 160hr course. I have 15 years OTR experience, but no experience in the last 4 years. I had to deal with cancer treatment at the VA.
    I don't want to complain directly to the school, thinking they might make sure I don't pass come test time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is your cdl still up to date?
    I remember now, your cdl lapsed.
    Check with the other cdl schools in Phoenix.

4. rickyboricky

rickyboricky Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2019
    PHX
    No, I didn't expect to be healthy enough to go back to OTR, so when my CDL came up for renewal, I didn't have a current medical card and just renewed as a standard DL in Oklahoma.
    VA is doing my physical Dec 3rd and I expect to have the permit the following day. Hopefully will do the 4 day refresher the second week of Dec. I've been in touch with a small reefer outfit in Coolidge AZ that is willing to give me a shot as soon as I'm legal.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

baha Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's good news on the reefer outfit. Best wishes!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.