Sylectus?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by ost1, May 13, 2013.

1. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    No need to slam a company here. They are a good company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. samkap

samkap Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2024
    my broker is on the sylectus load board and he offers me the same thing I see on sylectus load board so that is a lie

4. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    Wouldn't a lie be if he was offering you less???:dontknow:

5. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    I wish i had a better clue how boards and brokers worked . Essentially im gathering they are middle men with some more standup and others shady .

Lite bug Thanks this.
  6. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    Think of a Broker as your Salesmen.

7. samkap

samkap Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2024
    yes but by the time you factor the load you just delivered you will make same as what he is offering

8. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Breaking it down to the simplest explanation, and with the understanding that it's significantly more nuanced than this and varies from broker to broker (and there's somewhere between 17k and 100k brokerages in the US, depending on the source) - we function as a sales department for the carrier, and as a traffic department for our paying customer. What that looks like varies wildly just as traffic departments and carriers can vary wildly. For one customer, I set up and arrange project shipping and allow them to be hands off on that side of thing. For another, I run their one off traffic. For a third, I handle all their non-LTL traffic. For still another, my situation is to provide blind shipping options. For yet another, I get called when there's something "weird" that needs handling. For others, I bid against other brokers and get what I get. For some, I do some combination of the above.

I post the majority of this to boards. The boards are a simple enough solution to allow us to reach the widest pool of available carriers in a given area. When I have more regular freight, I tend to develop relationships with carriers who have proved reliable in a given area and give them first choice. It all just kind of depends.

9. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
    I appreciate that hoss . I know you didn't take me to raise but what is ''one off traffic ? "

PPDCT Thanks this.
  10. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Rather than a set lane or semi-regular lane, it's something where I have a single transactional load. IE: I have one Minneapolis to say, Washington, DC that comes up irregularly, versus if it were a run I was doing on a repetitive basis.

prostartom and broke down plumber Thank this.
  11. broke down plumber

Jan 25, 2024
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.