Sysco vs Central trasnport

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Tanker805, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’d pick Central over Sysco. I worked one year for them 26yrs ago. Back when they were Union. A Lot of Drivers would work short term for them while laid off from other jobs. They always have Freight. I Wouldn’t want to spend a Career there. But just to make some money for a while. No problem. Historically they’ve always had plenty of Work. They’re HQ in Warren Mi. Been around for over 50 yrs. They’re Privately held. Don’t think they’re going to disappear any time soon. They’ve Owned Dozens of other Companies that have come and gone. They’ve all been rolled into Universal. Don’t know how they Operate outside of my area, but I see them everywhere now. Good chance they’ll keep you very busy. Here OT is after 50hrs. for Local P&D. Sysco will just break your back. You want a work out, do it properly and safely, in a Gym or home. Big difference.

Radman and Tanker805 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    I just seen a billboard in Nashville last night Sysco offering 20k sign on

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Yea, same in Chicago. Guys don’t wanna come back after they got fired when COVID first started. Can’t blame them

jmz and jtaran06 Thank this.
  5. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Worked for central, knew a guy who worked for Sysco. Central is a trap, especially in CA, you’ll hate it like pretty much everyone else there. Sysco is more work but he wasn’t unhappy.

6. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Watched a Central guy run a red light in a long box about an hour ago. In heavy traffic too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.