System adventures with the ducky

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Nov 7, 2015.

1. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    lol just lol at this next assignment. PU noon on Saturday, deliver 8am on Wednesday, 750 miles.........I'll have a leisurely drive that's for sure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I would run it up there as fast as I can and pick up 20 hours of layover pay. That's another $320 in your pocket.

4. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    What is Superior's hourly pay for local drivers?

5. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    $20 per hour.

6. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    Well as luck would have it, home terminal needed a load covered Tuesday. Relayed that sat-wed load and deadheaded home for the night. The 400 miles of deadhead worked out to about the same as what they would have paid me to sit for a day. I'm doing the same system load from Boston to Southern Ill, so good miles and easy driving (once I'm clear of Boston).

7. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Well after sitting at home for 6 days last week I finall got a load out of Stepan on Friday the 13th. Long run out to west side of Wyoming. Some mining plant that uses whatever they mine out of there to make soda ash used to make glass bottles and such.

If you haven't ever been there you are in for a treat. I won't go into all the details but lets just say I was there for 8 hours...

Markam terminal tank washed me back there for 11/19 so I had a nice take it easy ride back to there. They got me a load out of Elwood IL, which is where I am at now then headed back to Georgia with it for a 11/23 delivery. Then I assume I will be off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving. I had requested Thursday and Friday anyway but I dont mind a couple extra days with the family.

8. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    Looks like you got out and back just in time to miss all the fun in the snow!

I'm currently in Markham doing a 34, picked up down in TN today and delivery in MI on Monday. It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow so may as well hunker down and reset.

9. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Yeah I got lucky. I ran in between storms. Got to Wyoming before one hit and got out before the next one. Got lucky getting out of Markham too as they had a storm Friday night, Saturday morning.

10. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    I ended up dead head all the way home, about 1100 miles. Got home Tuesday afternoon and wont be heading back out until Monday. I'll pick up in CT and head on down to NC for a Wednesday delivery.

11. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Good thing so many guys didn't want to work this week. Between all the mileage, layover, and holiday pay, this week should be one of the best yet for me. Gobble, gobble. :D

wsyrob Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.