System Transport, orientation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Odin's Rabid Dog, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    This new 680 has a slightly larger lower bunk, but the sleeper has literally no floor space. With my left hand on the wheel, without bending at the waist, I can easily touch the lower mattress while seated. And I have short arms.

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
  4. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Ok, learning as I go.
    I believe it's actually an MX13. I thought 16L because I glanced quickly at the attached tag, but I believe the 1600 is actually lb- ft torque rating.

I stand humbly corrected by myself. ;) 20200119_115119.jpg

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Not real thrilled with the 36" sleeper.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    hallellujah Thanks this.
  6. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    One thing I'll say about System: whoever specs their trucks has rocks in their head.

I'm on the utility pole division, so I have a rack on my cat walk for pole bunks.

This new 680 has a 36" sleeper, apparently to make room for the bunk rack.

Funny how the T800 I had for 7 weeks had room for the bunk rack with a 54" sleeper.

My headache rack is mounted on risers, which take up the bottom 18 or 20 inches of what SHOULD be storage space, but instead, it's fooking wasted space. I can't even fit all my tarps and chains in it if my tarps are folded perfectly.

They mounted my tire chain rack on the driver's side. Wtf? In a really bad winter I might need it 3 times, and for safety reasons, it should be on the curb side anyhow.

The steps are mounted on the curb side. On a bad day, I have to climb up there, what, a dozen times? So every fooking time, I have to walk around the ######### tractor.

And yeah, I made a stink about it. I settled for a half assed solution, and pretended it was awesome because frankly I'm tired of fighting these ridiculous unnecessary battles.

At this point, I'm just staying on so I can show some job stability to get a real job.

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  7. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Yea I hear you on truck spec’s. I know Mr. Williams is none to pleased how the new JJW trucks where spec’d and Im sure its probably the same way with System’s and TWT’s new trucks as well.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  8. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I guess the honeymoon phase is over? In three months. Seems to be the norm.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  9. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    I just realized that I'm 2/3 through my first 6,000 mile load.

10. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Oh, I dunno. The tiny sleeper is the only REAL complaint I have. It's a pretty major one, though. The no pet policy isn't helping, but with the tiny sleeper, I have no room for a pet anyhow, so...

I'll stick it out here for a year.

11. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Your posts started positive, good place etc etc. then slowly turned to “I’ll find a real job”. Here’s reality, if you want a truck spec’d the way you want it, buy your own.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.