System Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by fullthrottle, Jul 17, 2007.

1. HEAVY DUDE

HEAVY DUDE Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    You still use a paper log and it must match the QC.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kenworthw900

kenworthw900 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    that seems a little crazy to have to do both in my opinion but i see where it makes sense

4. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    The green side (TWT, Temp controlled division) uses Petes.

5. ghostranger5of7

ghostranger5of7 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Springdale, AR
    I drove for System's refrigerated division TWT a year ago. It started out to be a decent place, but things had been going downhill. They'd enacted a 7% paycut, had closed one of their California terminals and cut back on the other. The corporate (Spokane) terminal had it's shop hours cut and mechanics and drivers were being laid off.

During my final 4 weeks with the company I was plagued with an electrical issue that would disable my truck at (apparently) random times. Their refusals and delays in getting me into a shop seemed to be a result of the cutbacks... So I made a fuss about it, but played ball despite the repeated delays. .. :biggrin_2558: then... I'm called in and informed that those delays had forced them to terminate my employment. In hindsight I should have stood my ground and refused to pull loads untill my truck was fixed.. but I was trying to be a team player and wait untill a company shop could do the work. (kinda putting in my 110%.) Even now I'm shocked and confused that they would FIRE a driver for their own inability to maintain equipment.

6. kenworthw900

kenworthw900 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    Anybody got any more info on this company im looking for a job cause i went with werner and wow bad idea lol but im looking into this company

7. StretchedRGN

StretchedRGN Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm an experienced Flatbedder starting orientation with them today and will post periodically to let everyone know how it goes!

Keep it between the ditches!! :biggrin_255:

8. StretchedRGN

Mar 24, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well...I can say so far that I made the right decision! Everything was great from start to finish. I would've liked a newer truck but you can make money in anything as long as it's runnin. Since I got my truck assignment on Thursday, I've run over 4500 miles. Fleet manager is great, terminals are all great. Fleet manager asked me what sort of schedule I wanted. Never actually sat down with a fleet manager for an hour and a half after an orientation just so the two of you can get to know one another. Told him I wanted to be out for 4 or 5 weeks and then home for 5 or 6 days and he said no problem. Runnin all 48 states gets you an average length of haul somewhere around 2000 miles which is exactly what I wanted.

On a different note. Something I've noticed here with the tSi drivers, whether it's Too Weak To Tarp, or with the System guys, everybody is wearin the company tshirts and hats. Reppin the company!! That's gotta say somethin about them as a company. I used to work for Werner a long time ago and the only people who were dumb enough to wear their company clothes were the noobs. It only took them about a week to realize that the only thing that Werner tshirt was good for, was when you had to stop on the side of a highway somewhere and take an emergency $hi+, an realized you didn't have any tp, but thank god you bought the $17 Werner tshirt!!! :) At System, even the old guys that have been here for awhile are sportin em. Nice!!

I can tell anyone that reads this, that if you want a good flatbedding company to run with, I'd highly recommend System Transport. I've been under a flatbed for 5 years and haven't worked for anyone I've liked as much. Of course I'll post more in the coming weeks and let you know how I'm runnin and try to answer any questions any of you may have. Until then, just keep doin the deed, and try an keep the shiny side up!

Joetro Thanks this.
  9. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Who's your Fleet Manager?

10. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

Keep us informed StretchedRGN. They look like a decent company. They sure do have decent equipment.

11. StretchedRGN

Mar 24, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Will do Driver! Fleet managers name is Damon Pilgrim.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.