Systems Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ramblingman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    why dry van or reefer? You will not make that much money starting out

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Looks like I'm back to work Monday morning with a load of Genies headed for Calgary and Saskatoon.

I'll be very surprised if I don't end up with a load of scrap metal out of Brooks, AB for a back-haul. That's the one load we haul that makes me think twice about my job.

4. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Calgary gets real cold in the winter lol...every time I gp there I think im going to freeze to death lol

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Hey Ramblingman were you parked in the French camp yard this morning with a load of trailers? Was in the yard around 530 or so and was wondering if it was you

6. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I have honestly thought long and hard about moving to TWT. I talkd to a few drivers and a few system drivers who have friends on that side and the reefer guys are making as much or more money per week than I am and run the same area

7. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Yep,Dumped that pile of junk in the yard Thursday night and i've been hanging at home since. those are getting shuttled down to the Bloomington Yard so i'll probably come back sometime Monday Morning to finish that trip.

Most all the Reefer guys I've talked to are lucky to be doing 750-900 a week gross. I wouldn't even turn a key for that, but to each their own.

8. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Regional fleet is different ... It's less money but there's the trade off of being home every weekend plus always knowing where I'll be going too. If I really didn't want to be home I wouldn't mind going OTR again to make better money but I just cant see doing it anymore.... I'm glued to I-5 anymore I don't like getting off of it

9. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    Back from Canada. The border patrol now knows me by name at roseville mt. I've crossed there so many times this month. I brought a load of 60 footers down from Galloway BC and am grabbing a genie going to Jacksonville Fl. To deliver Friday then hopefully grab air conditioning units back to California afterwards

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Sounds profitable. I saw a pic on the company FB page from a pole fleet driver. Do you guys have navigation activated on your qualcomm's and locking differentials as well as the power divider?

11. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    No navigation, but full lockers. We get into some pretty muddy places so it definitely comes in handy

ramblingman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.