Systems Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ramblingman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    That was my thought. She said that she was going to try and find me some aluminum load going somewhere, but really didn't have anything. That was after having me run errands for her 2 days and having unloaded 3 days ago and screwing me out of promised pay. My response as far as ''might as well sit at home'' might have been a little crude but i was honestly beside myself trying to comprehend the absurdity of the matter.

As far as getting along with her i'd be suprised if you didn't. She's an Extremely kind and Polite Young Lady.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    oohh ok now I think its someone else... I don't need a name but is she pretty new? If its the newer lady then yes she is super nice ive dealt with her a little bit but never had her dispatch me... If she answers the phone I just ask to talk to my dm... I agree with you that I feel this is a very good place to work and I get treated amazing. Heck I just asked and received a 2014 pete 386 and simply asked.... buuutt I know what you mean about doing favors and feeling like getting nothing in return.... sometimes I go in stretches of months not having to do anything then hit a stretch of having to swap trailers quite a bit but in the end I would never work for another OTR company

4. ramblingman

Jan 12, 2014
    I never have and am not planning to at this point.

P.S you West Coast aluminum hauler Conestoga guys are spoiled rotten! LOL

Better you than i though. I spent a week running the West Coast getting all those aluminum loads we stocked up in the yard for new years delivered to their customers and i #### near went postal :biggrin_2559:. Idk how you guys do it.

5. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    haha I love running the run im on... I don't know if I would ever want to go back running all 48... but how are we spoiled rotten lol

6. ramblingman

Jan 12, 2014
    Because you pull Conestoga's. Flatbedding without the Suffering of Tarping is just wrong! :D. Plus you guys get brand new trucks and somehow your trucks are always shiny because you never drive through a Blizzard in MT or through the road Salt in Minnesota. My truck is a old 2012 with drum brakes and looks like it got attacked by a snowman half the time.

I just recently got my Tarps and Straps Unfrozen for the first time in 2 weeks :DOAH:

Airborne Thanks this.
  7. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    It is pretty nice lol... the worst snow I dealt with all year was in Spokane then down 97 one day... I would kill myself to have to tarp again all the time lol. I try to keep the truck clean buti only get it washed every 3 weeks or so.. sometimes sooner

8. latitude34az

latitude34az Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Snowflake, AZ
    ramblingman, I know you run solo, but I was wondering if you can shine any light on how the team side runs. After I get out of the Army in July, my wife and I plan to get our CDLs and run team. I hear good things about System, but not much about teams. There web site says .50cpm for teams (I am assuming OTR) which is great, but any idea of what kind of miles a team could figure on running in a week? Does System have a pet policy? The wife refuses to leave her cat behind and if she's happy then I'm happy. And one last question...do you know if the Phoenix terminal has a secure place that drives can park a car while they are on the road? We will be homeless (by choice), but I will still be in the reserves and have to get to my monthly drill, so we need a car for that. Thanks for any info you can provide.

9. ramblingman

Jan 12, 2014
    1. All i can tell you about team running is my experience as a trainee and talking with other team drivers at System's Transport.

-During training my Trainers would like to team run us and it was not uncommon for us to run 1000 miles a day very consistently. The company gives trainers priority for freight though. This was also during the Summer.

-All the Team Drivers I've talked to were very happy with their miles.

2.Pet policy is no Pet's allowed in company trucks. You would need to go owner-op and lease on to System's to be able to bring a pet with you. As a team you would have no trouble paying for a truck, but that's a tough way to start out and easy to screw up if you don't run it like a business properly. Some of our Customers mostly back East state that no Pet's are allowed on their premises, but you could just leave the pet in the sleeper and as long as it kept quiet noone would know the difference. It's not like they search the truck or anything.

3.The Phoenix Terminal has plenty of room to stick a car somewhere in there. I don't recall seeing personal vehicles parked last time i was there, but it's not small by any means. The phoenix terminal is very secure and is fully gated. You need a gate code to get inside at night.

Good luck. We have some good recruiters you can call at 800-762-3776

They keep the BS pretty minimal. I can't think of any real blatant lies they told me looking back on it. Then again i had a list of questions 4 pages long and i spent about 45 minutes grilling them before i decided to hire on with them.

jomar68 and latitude34az Thank this.
  10. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    I start orientation on the 3rd, thanks for the info.

11. ramblingman

Jan 12, 2014
    Good luck. Look forward to seeing you around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.