Systems Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ramblingman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ramblingman

ramblingman Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2014
    New dispatcher decided not to get rid of me i guess. She answered the phone and asked me how my morning was going when we talked Monday which i was kind of confused by after our previous talk. She really seems to be kicking things up a notch and planning ahead instead of just constantly putting out fires. She may turn out to be one hell of a dispatcher yet :). I'm Probably still going to try and join the pole fleet, but it makes me glad to see my co-workers working to better themselves instead of just wallowing in ones own mediocrity.

I'm in the process of opening up Canada and assuming that i don't absolutely hate going to Canada i'll start the process of changing divisions in the near future. I'm Excited about the possibility of working with a more competent dispatcher and at a higher pay rate.

We leave for Alabama in the morning. 2300 miles with no drops... weathers clear on into Birmingham. Oh i think I'm going to like this. It's been some time since i've ran the 40 and i've been missing it. :biggrin_25514:

Airborne Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    the pole fleet looks like a cool fleet that's for sure. Have fun heading for Alabama... I would love to see that area of the country.. what are you taking out there? Have another 10-12 days of vacation then itll be back at it

4. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks, ill be running the Phoenix regional

5. ramblingman

Jan 12, 2014
    I don't know what i'm hauling yet. How'd you get 12 days of vacation? I thought company max with vacation time was 10 days or did your truck break down? They tried to get me to haul a Conestoga out of the French Camp Yard the other day.

6. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    that was mine! I dropped my load in French camp and came home for 2 weeks vacation. after a year you get up to 15 days off

7. ramblingman

Jan 12, 2014
    I figured as much. Finish your own load next time! LOL. Fortunately a friend of mine who couldn't go home for a couple more days stuck around and took it and i got to go home at noon as i had all 3 of my drops done for the day :D.

So joking aside what are you doing with this big ol lump sum of time off?

8. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Just kind of hanging out with friends and taking care of some financial stuff I need to do. And got my taxes done. also going to be some serious beer drinking done in the next couple days. that load delivered in sacramento on Monday and I got there Saturday afternoon so there was no way I was sticking around to deliver that lol nice easy like 5,000 pounds though

9. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    Good to find a thread on here with other system drivers. I'm a pole fleet guy based out of Spokane.

Rugerfan and ramblingman Thank this.
  10. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I really like the new pole trucks.. Would like to be on that fleet but I don't have my passport for Canada and I don't think they come to Cali with poles much.. always see you guys with general freight

Milktanker Thanks this.
  11. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    Yeah poles have been slow lately. I haven't pulled any for a month now. Picking up some 70 footers headed for Ohio tomorrow though. The bad thing about the new pole trucks is they have a paccar engine, so only dealerships can work on them. That and no apu. I actually really miss my cabover I had here. Way more room in it than this kw

ramblingman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.