T700 headlight adjustment

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Dragon4hire, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Dragon4hire

Dragon4hire Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2018
    I have a 2013 t700 kenworth and my low beams are pointed too low is there a way to adjust them higher?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J Rich

J Rich Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga
    I think it is the same as the T680, but not 100% sure. Open the hood and on the back of the headlight housing there should be a white disk with ears on it. While you turn that disk look at the beam shinning on the ground to see which way you are going. Remember a little adjustment with the hood open on the ground will make a bigger difference once the hood is closed.

4. Snaponfan1

Snaponfan1 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Try this out......

Attached Files:

5. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I just bought a t700 and had to adjust mine also.

You need a 13 mm wrench, preferably a socket.

Open hood, theres a black plastic shield with 3 tabs, at the top that creates the inside of the fender. Theres a bolt keeping it on. Its easier if you remove it, but not necessary.

Look behind it, you’ll see the headlight housing with a skinny bolt sticking up. That bolt has a funny looking black thing on it.

Use your 13 mm wrench to turn that black thing, on the bolt. That one bolt controls both hi and low beam for that side. Real fast and easy. Dont use pliers, it’ll take forever and risk busting the black piece.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.