T800 blower issues

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Moparjoe, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Moparjoe

Moparjoe Light Load Member

May 3, 2014
    Hey all. So i have a t80p and the blower motors running like hell no air coming out the vents.the heater box has been repaired at some point. Not very well might i add. Can anyone post a pic of a t800 heater box thats on a truck. I think the evaporator is clogged due to no filter. Or point me to a video of one being removed. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I know with most T800's the blower motor is accessible from the engine side of the firewall. Whether or not you can blow out the cores from there I have no idea.

Moparjoe Thanks this.
  4. Moparjoe

May 3, 2014
    The box in engine bay is seriously hacked looks like.fiberglass repair by a child lol. Im just trying to see one thats on a truck not hacked

5. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    It will have a dual cage fan and the motor will run in reverse if the the wires are crossed

6. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    On mine there's the steel box and then plastic shielding over the steel. Most of my plastic is gone and it works fine. I was into mine a couple weeks ago troubleshooting, found the cores in there were filled up with mud, cleaned them out good and man will that truck burn you right out of the cab now!

Removal is 4, or 6 IIRC 10mm or 3/8 bolts, pull it off and unplug your blower motor and take it right off.

PSA when cleaning the heater and AC cores in this box, go slowly and resist the urge to really flush it out with a garden hose. The little drain hole can not keep up with the volume of water a garden hose will produce and you will wind up with a very, very, very wet cab. I'm lucky mine is a dump truck so the water dripping out of the hole in the floor for the hoist controls gave me a heads up pretty quickly.

Moparjoe Thanks this.
  7. Moparjoe

May 3, 2014
    Mines a dump truck too.ill tear into it this weekend just hope the rig job holds up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.