TA Binghamton NY

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Omega1, May 27, 2019.

1. oh yeah.. too many to list and name. Hudson used to be a great one Rogers wasn't bad to.everybody knows about paulsboro of course that was that was a legendary one it was only decent place to go if you didn't want to go to rubes..looool
    although Wood River I don't recall I do know outside the Grand Island Ada definitely was.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep you are right ...its alda Nebraska.
    And forgot about Roger's minn .
    Anybody remember when the 76 at new Paris Ohio closed ? Sign is still there .
    One of the last 76s to close was at bondurant Iowa just east of des Moines .
    There's houses there now .

4. 1991 Jan. I just started driving OTR. sign has been there..well part of it..Never sold land almost 30 yrs

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Sacramento, the Forty Niner was a 76. So was Sierra Sids, the TA in Sparks. The old stop in Blythe. The TA in Sweetwater, Tx. The Petro in N little Rock. The TA in Denton, Tx All were 76s. The 76s in Rockwall, Tx and Amarillo became TA then were both torn down to build a new TA.

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's a older stop. It was good back in the 80's when we first would use it for Albany or for Seneca Lakes traffic. There was another truckstop south of Troy PA older than that one, by a few years. Not very big, room for 4 or 5 trucks and two pumps plus a good eating counter etc. Midway was it's name.

Alot of the old truckstops have been sold and paved under by big box stores and such. But a few still remain thankfully. The food would be the main attraction. Fuel would be second.

Omega1 Thanks this.
  7. booley

booley Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2008
    some things never change...

8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    TA in bingo or dansville are not horrible, maybrook sucks, there was a smaller stop in Nichols NY about 20 min away off exit 63 I used to like, it was all ways quiet, otego isn’t horrible but small lot and parking can be fun sometimes, Smokey’s in kanona used to be my favorite before loved bought them out and leveled it

Fultonville has seen better days, but good water psi and good hot water are all ways a plus

9. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    All the older TA's in Fultonville, Binghamton, Danville are still good truck stops to stay at. The one in Nichols is Lounsberry Truck Stop.

10. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Yea I was just talking in the area, all though they did sell out a few months ago, can’t remember who owns them now

11. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Well, sheet howdy, I can't believe the amount of responses. I wanted to post for those drivers that don't know where to look for parking. I am at home tonight..( Oregon) ..yes, really at a real bed. It's gonna feel so good to this long haul driver. Be good peeps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.