TA nightmare, Concordia, MO

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BrownEyedGirI, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I never ate at the restaurant at that TA, but used to stop there all the time when Smokey Pounders BBQ was in there. That stuff wasn't as good as Gates, LC's, Joe's or some other KC joints but the meat was spicy and the BBQ sauce had a hell of a kick to it. Missed that place when it closed...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    I have seen trucks parked on the other side of I70 at

Dempsey's BBQ
    103 2nd St, Concordia, MO 64020
    (660) 463-7232

Google Maps

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    From the article: "None of the other 30 competitors fell ill after the contest and store manager Ben Siegel's attorney said the roaches were all raised in sterile conditions and were perfectly safe to eat."
    I may never eat anything again after reading this! I've got no problem eating rattlesnake, (as long as it's dead,) chinchilla, (kind of tastes sort of like chicken, but not really) but I draw the line at eating ANYTHING that is still living. I also draw the line at eating bugs of any kind.

5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    USDA allows for a certain amount of bugs, hairs, eggs. etc... in EVERYTHING manufactured.....and you can bet your bottom dollar we've been eating it all every time we eat.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
    When I grew up in school 1972 to 1985, ZERO people in my school (students, teachers, kitchen staff, faculty, janitors, etc...) were allergic to peanut butter....and ZERO people had "Autism" (or similar diagnosis).
    Why? Because we didn't have Purell. We didn't obsess over germs. We live, played, and ate in, on, and over dirt. Our immune systems learned to fight.

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I'll tell you why. Back then, we didn't recognize all of the different conditions that make people "victims" today. Maybe serious cases of autism, but for the most part, kids that "acted out," in class were deemed to be "little arseholes," and treated accordingly. Other kids would see these kids getting their butts busted, and decide, "I can't get away with being a jerk. Guess I'd better behave!"
    Today, kids see other kids getting away with crap and think, "Well, little Joey got away with doing [whatever] so I'm going to do it too.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Also when I visited my old high school some years ago, I realized that everything I expect in that environment has been sanitized and made to go away by the staff. Leaving people unable to function in conflict with each other properly. Does that make sense?

They would go down while being bullied unsure if they should simply solve the bully problem by whipping same and moving on with life. No wonder they got screwed up.

Roaches are actually very clean believe it or not. At least in the bug world. It's not for me though. I grew up in a home that was almost a hundred years old and the only time the roaches ventured into our sight in the kitchen was if we left something out too long and failed to keep a clean place. As long we did chores and kept a clean kitchen the roaches stayed in the baseboards so to speak if they were not already outside.

8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    And here we all are on the interweb losing our social skills!!!

x1Heavy and skellr Thank this.
  9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Speak for yourself BB!
    Some of us never had any to begin with... :confused::(:oops:

10. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    And there are those with skills that aren't socially acceptable to begin with. Lol

Big Don Thanks this.
  11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Of course those are usually that way by their own choice...
    Others just can't help themselves, having been born that way.:confused:

x1Heavy and driverdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.