TA/Petro on Swift fuel solutions?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Jeremy102077, Dec 30, 2014.

1. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Just to clarify, company drivers usually fuel at TA/Petro or Loves. The Lease/Op and Owner/Op can fuel pretty much wherever they want to that takes their fuel card. I rode with a Lease/Op today that fuels exclusively at FJ/P for the bonus points they now offer to the Swift Drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broccelli

Broccelli Medium Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Virginia
    Is the account a target reefer account? If so then you have to fuel the reefer before returning it and you can ask for them to open up your card for emergency fuel at a P/FJ. They will give you 51 gal. The reefer won't take that much fuel but you can split that up between your truck and the reefer.

If it's a dry account then I have no useful tips, sorry.

Jeremy102077 Thanks this.
  4. Jeremy102077

Jeremy102077 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
  5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Is a dedicated Walmart account pretty much like any other Walmart pickup/delivery? Are they DC-to-store runs or DC-to-DC? Or...something else?

6. AirborneLegg13T

AirborneLegg13T Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Albuquerque NM
    Pick up at DC then go to the store. Its 99% refeer and very rare if any dry vans. Some times you'll have a back hual of potatoes, chicken or some other produces. Its pretty easy and fun other than the neighborhood stores. They're not trucker friendly and you spend more time backing up than unloading.

7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Pretty much what I expected. I've done a bunch of Walmart DC and store reefer deliveries.

8. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    I can if im stopping at a Loves, but I also work the fuel system to get at least Platinum monthly.

Moosetek13 and Jeremy102077 Thank this.
  9. gnnt12345

gnnt12345 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Just curious how you work the system. I used to get fuel plans where i filled daily but now I usually fill up every 1000 miles. Sometimes I'll call when the load was too heavy to fill up so I'll get an extra fuel stop but I'm usually on hold for 30 minutes or so. I've tried that request fuel re optimization thing but it does nothing.

10. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    well my situation is a little different being on a dedicated account, I can call in and get fuel opened within a couple minutes by our planners, we also have several routes that go near Loves and most of the time thats what opens, if im going south and it opens at a TA/Petro and I have plenty of fuel then I skip the fuel and try to get the Loves on the next load. Another way I do it for example is that tomorrow I am heading to Turlock CA and it wants me to get fuel in Livingston at the TA and I have a backhaul picking up on the way back in Fresno so I will pick up the Loves during that dispatch in Tulare.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You can view the fuel locations as simple recommendations.
    I do.

If a fuel stop is a terminal, I ignore it. I don't get points or shower credits at a terminal.
    If I am short on time and have enough to get me to my destination, I'll ignore it.
    If it is routing me out of the best route because they want me to fuel in a 'cheaper' state, at the cost of maybe hours to me...

In either case I simply need to call a DM and say 'I need fuel, and I'm at this place'. I will be sent a new fuel route, usually fueling right where I'm at.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.