TA Wheeling, WVm, no parking, ever!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Lonewolf2000, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Last time I was at the TA-Hurricane even the Country Pride was gone. No restaurant at all.

DTP and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ya know, when we tell some younger ones of our days out there on the road, and the truck stops, and i mean the SMALL ones that everyone was FRIENDLY and not boasting of being a former Navy Seal or whatever, many do not believe us.

i really did have some GREAT meals at the big trucks stops (back in the days) and had some GREAT meals at the mom/pop places as well.....thing was though (back then) the mom/pops had dirt lots and many times limited parking

i DO miss the OLDER days of trucking...but like anything else, the only thing constant....is change.

Adieu and stayinback Thank this.
  4. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Yeah this place to find free parking you need to come before 2pm. And at that you’ll only find the middle parking spots that often get blocked in by the make a spot. Had one idiot block me in and refuse to move. Luckily the driver next to me was willing to detach so I can swing out. I’m usually not for it but I’ll be honest I cut the make a spot’s airlines off for being a selfish prick.

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    although i am totally against cutting someone's air lines or pulling the 5th wheel, there are times when someone can get so aggravated at the jerkwads.

since i am retired, and have no dog in your fight, do as you wish....just make sure you can either:

1) run fast

2) have your truck out of your parking spot, and headed to the exit

3) be super-super QUIET...

4) do not wear flip flops, or you will trip, running

5) wear a running suit, so they will think you're Russian

Adieu and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Not surprised, that restaurant was awful as is the entire truck stop. I used to park there occasionally on a Sunday and go across the road and stay at the Hampton Inn waiting to pick up in Wurtland, KY Monday morning. That TA sucks, but the exit is pretty good overall. Decent assortment of food within walking distance and some shopping

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Cameras are everywhere, so wear hat, gloves, and a shirt or jacket you can take off,.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Believe me I’m not so stupid as to do it while my truck is around. I moved around and waited abit of time to do it. And all I did was snip the emergency airline so he wouldn’t unknowingly go down the downgrades without trailer brakes. Another plus was he was parked pretty close to the shop so he could get some new lines himself and swap it right there. Just a financial inconvenience for being a prick.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. luddybuddy

luddybuddy Light Load Member

May 11, 2010
    Pittsburgh Pa
    If it wasn't for all the frack sand haulers in there could find a spot in there

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You really need to try to take up two parking spots with a 48'- tandem axle trailer. It just boggles the mind.

11. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    You mean at the fuel islands?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.