Tablet mount for sleeper area?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by iixnullxii, Jul 11, 2019.

1. iixnullxii

iixnullxii Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Hey folks.

I'm a company driver in a 17 Freightliner Cascadia. I've been looking for a mounting solution for a tablet while in the sleeper area. I've seen a bunch of desk clamp style mounts, but was wondering if anyone had one they'd recommend. I can't drill any holes since it's not my property, so it'd have to be a clamp style. I'd ideally like to be able to mount it just to the right of the climate controls, in the little cut away part of the storage area pictured below. But It would be nice if the clamp was wide or versatile enough to also mount it to the air intake flip handle.

Thanks for any help.

display.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Mount it to some wood boards and strap it to the top bunk, with something soft in between so it won't scratch it?

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. iixnullxii

Jul 11, 2019
    ####... that's a good idea. Thank you.

5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I’ve been looking at the magnetic mounts... they sell them at the truck stops but I can’t recall the name ... it’s a magnet that sticks to the back of your phone (bigger one for tablets) and then a metal ball sticks to the dash or wherever... no holes and you just pry off the metal ball when moving trucks... and clean up the stickie pad after... they even sell extra stickie pads for that.

I use one for my small clip board on top of my dash mounted CB Radio... it’s always securely held in place and always within reach.

6. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

You can get about 4 of those mounts on amazon for price of 1 at the truck stop.

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. iixnullxii

Jul 11, 2019
    I thought about the one in the video, but my concern is the vibrations while the truck is idle. I actually went down to Guitar Center yesterday and picked this up. It's sturdy but still has some movement while engine is on. I'm a team drivers so I can only imagine what it'll be like on the road. Just sitting here at the yard waiting for my appointment it's already wobbling a bit. Guess that's not going to change unless I really invest in some kind of active gimbal system used for a steady cam. 20190712_075715.jpg 20190712_075711.jpg

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I don’t care where someone actually buys them... I was telling the OP where to see them... but I think I priced them and for that brand it’s not much different... now if one wishes to go with some cheaper Chinese knockoff, that’s their call.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    check out "Ram Mount" systems.

I have the NO DRILL laptop mount on the passanger seat. I can use it there or swing it over to the drivers seat by just turming 2 knobs

10. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    There are all sorts of accessible screws and fasteners in that truck that you could use to your own purposes. Remove said screw and find a longer replacement at your local DIY store. Put the originals back when you vacate.

For instance: you said you're running team which means double bunk. The top bunk folds up, it has cargo netting on it, it has latches that hold it up/down. All of the are held in place by screws/bolts etc.

flood Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.