1. LilBudyWizer

LilBudyWizer Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Blackweb

I saw this for like $5 so figured give it a try. It works great. I have a lapdesk I stick on the steering wheel and use it on that. It beats the box I was propping the tablet up with. You can adjust the angle with the button on the side. So what? Well, it's amazingly sturdy for $5. Still so what? Well, what I found real handy is when it's flat you can use it to keep the tablet from sliding off the steering wheel. I don't need the lapdesk. It's just a whole lot easier to steer without that lapdesk on the steering wheel. I also don't have to worry about running off in a ditch retrieving my tablet when it slides off in the floor. Well worth the price.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    How go you attach it to the wheel? Or does it just lap over?

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You're kidding, right? :rolleyes:

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    wouldn't bungee cords be more effective? as you turn your wheel, it turns as well and not fall off?

6. LilBudyWizer

LilBudyWizer Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The hinge on the back catches on the bottom edge of the steering wheel. You just use it on the interstate, not backing into a dock, so you never have to turn the wheel enough to dump it in the floor. I figure it improves safety since I'm watching YouTube videos about safe driving.

Seriouly though I found it solved a major annoyance for me. I read news and play games while being unloaded. I get up to get a soda or something to eat and there goes my tablet onto the floor. The lapdesk solved that but I have to tilt the steering wheel all the way up for it to stay. That wasn't a good angle so I needed a stand. I found I could just use this one without the lapdesk and without tilting the steering wheel. It's available at Walmart which one of the few places I can get to and is open 24/7.

7. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I watched a guy today with a Volvo. They have a shelf at the bottom of the gauges. He had his phone sitting sideways on it watching a movie.....driving down I-75.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.