TAKE 2 TRANSPORT AKA SANDPRO

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TRUCKERSFAVORITE, Feb 27, 2017.

1. TRUCKERSFAVORITE

TRUCKERSFAVORITE Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2015
    TEXAS
    There are no random drug tests, truck maintenance, the drivers are forced to drive with little treading on the tires (I was one), broken windshields that could cause a ticket, oil leaks that could cause a ticket. Look up his dot and mc number you will see a variety of violations. Plus I spoke with a few drivers that had never run sand trucks before.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Reason for edit: too much information to post, without disclosing my name.
    Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TRUCKERSFAVORITE

Mar 27, 2015
    TEXAS
    I guess i should list a cons and pros list as well.

Cons
    drivers have to work long hours just to bring home decent paycheck
    cuts 20% on top of another 20% before you get yours from the load
    bad communication, usually blames problems on the other guy ( a partner hes had since November)
    dispatch doesnt give right directions
    checks are always late
    fuel cards wont let you fill up, only @250 per day sometimes the loads are longer and you get stuck waiting

Pros
    I will get back to you on this one

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  4. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Okay @TRUCKERSFAVORITE my question is how long have you been there and what did you really experience? Seriously. I've been on this forum two years and I will tell you that if you're not really through about what you've come to report as a "bad trucking company" on this forum, they will have your ###.

-fuel cards wont let you fill up, only @250 per day sometimes the loads are longer and you get stuck waiting

Okay the fuel card situation. I'll go ahead and take my lumps because this may seem like a defending response when it isn't. Sadly, the manager wasn't really prepared for all the trucks he would be running. When I first started back in November, I heard that all of us running sucked up $9000.00 worth of fuel. That would be the reason for the steep card limits. That and drivers before you and I were ####ing over the fuel cards for personal things and not business. I have no response about the wait times though. I've had full tanks at times and wasn't dispatched for up to 10 hours at a time.

-drivers have to work long hours just to bring home decent paycheck
    cuts 20% on top of another 20% before you get yours from the load

I did have a b***ch session about my paycheck. Again, you read my review you saw the response. Nothing to say here.

-dispatch doesnt give right directions

The best advice I ever gave any other driver was to get yourself a Motor Carrier Atlas. If they give me a general area, I can actually find the place okay. Just give me gate numbers and I do well. I'll call you when and if I need help at all.

-bad communication, usually blames problems on the other guy ( a partner hes had since November)

I can vouch here. I pulled another driver out of a hole down at the Southton Railyards two weeks ago at the cost of my bumper. The said driver did apologize and reattach my mud flap afterwards. I called it in and sent pictures. Apparently whoever was on the other end of the phone didn't tell the big boss. I returned to get a quick weld on my product line and he met me at the repair shop. To say that he was livid is an understatement. Both the bumper and hole were fixed at a steep cost he wasn't too happy about.

As far as the "inexperienced driver" part, all I can say is that well he takes on those who have never been in the oilfield (i.e. me) and the only thing you need to know is how to drive the truck and work the trailer. Simple job but sometimes it'll cost you your sanity (I should know). I had heard the other myriad of info you stated as well but never thought it was true.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. TRUCKERSFAVORITE

Mar 27, 2015
    TEXAS
    Sorry i wasnt specific enough. Ive worked around sand trucks for over 8 years and never had so many issues.

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  6. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    It's alright. I work there so it wasn't for me. Just letting you know that the guys/gals here aren't so friendly if you dangle a post without much info. Now with your experience, you could go anywhere else. 1845 request 2 years. F&M out of Edinburg, Tx asks 2 years. Double M which is also located in Alice, asks 1 year. Not really too keen on 1845 as I see nothing but negative coming from there. I know F&M must have something good as we lost about 5 drivers (if I'm right) to them and I still talk to the guys. With your experience, you can go anywhere. I'm sadly what you call "DAC displaced". The experience I have amounts a year and a half, but unfortunately, not much of it is tractor trailer. What endorsements do you have? Also have you tried for Eastex or Sanford Oil?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.