Taking action against TQL

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by afdtrucking, May 17, 2016.

1. afdtrucking

afdtrucking Bobtail Member

May 7, 2013
    Well as a good trucking company I think all of us trucking companies should unite against TQL and book every load on there system and just never pick them up. This would in return hopefully make them look so bad to their customers they could leave and find better brokers to do business with. If any other companies would like to get on a set date to teach this lying stealing company a lesson lets pull together and work on weeding out these bad brokers. This one agent called us to pick up a load out of AZ and offered pretty good money coming back to Houston TX. We usually dead head as a company we won't haul cheap freight I would rather save the wear and tear on my trucks and send them home empty. We charge round trip to our customers so it doesn't hurt us that much. Well truck arrived to load and they told him he has to load at another facility 45 miles in the wrong direction. Well TQL said they would give us $50 for the milage and I told him nope we will just head back empty this is costing us 90 miles and I refuse. So a manager called me from TQL and told me he would give us $200 now and I agreed so he sent another rate confirmation over and we went to load the scrap engines. Well these were in really bad shape once our driver arrived to load They tried stacking so much on his trailer he would be oversized when finally he said take it all of I am not hauling this load. Not to mention it had fuel and hydraulic lines laying and falling off the engines. So long story short these were supposed to be shrink wrapped for safety on the road and they had Wal-Mart tarps they considered as shrink wrapping. The owner talked with TQL and agreed to pay for our tarps if we used them and they got ripped up in transit. Driver tarps the load takes pictures of our tarps ripped up,Sends them to TQL and to customer for reimbursement and also trailer damage on some big holes punched in the floor of our trailer. Well TQL billed it all to the customer and didn't send any of the money to us like it was supposed to happen. Nor did they pay the 6 hours detention that was promised and my driver was 45 min late for the delivery appointment so they also took $200 for late delivery. These scam artists need to be taught a lesson as I am looking into filing a lawsuit since there customer admitted to paying for all this and never got passed to the right person. If anyone would like to join this let me know as I have almost 30 carriers now getting ready to start booking tons of loads across the country with TQL and give them the same courtesy as they give trucking companies.

What are they going to do not use any of us as a trucking company??? Does that actually hurt anyone as I think the freight business would do way better without a lying cheating cheap company killing our profits.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I have found that most of tql's customers are not customers you would want anyway. Most of them are problematic in one way or another. If there is a good customer with a one off load they know "this is crap for tql to cover".

I have pretty much given up on them.

dryside, iRookie and bigmotor1212 Thank this.
  4. iRookie

iRookie Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    PF_Together_Forever_17052016194335576.jpg

bzinger and Snailexpress Thank this.
  5. samjward

samjward Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    When looking at a load board, I've literally hidden/removed all the loads from their company. They're extremely unethical in their business operations.

6. Luwi67

Luwi67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Long island
    Yep, me too.

7. Syd'sTrucking

Syd'sTrucking Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I'd love to see something like this happen to such a ####ed up broker as TQL. Unfortunately I don't see anything ever happening to shut em down. Can't get 2 truckers to agree to do #### yet alone a large enough # to matter.
    There's people here that think TQL is good and their #### rates are good. These people are as much a problem as the #### brokers they haul for. Get rid of them and solve half the problems with Trucking today.
    Too many so called truckers without a clue to ever even think about trying to get rid of bad brokers.

8. Luwi67

Luwi67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Long island
    Maybe you can get something done here:
    https://www.change.org/
    Then send it to the FMCSA

I don't care enough to start anything but if you have a fair gripe which I'm sure is easy enough to put together, I'll sign.

9. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I 'm in it!! If we get together and stop TQL, most likely other brokers will choose the right way to do business.

10. wheelerdealer

wheelerdealer Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2016
    The best thing for TQL is to encourage every swinging Richard you come across to post their experience both here and on the BBB website in various states. I have also found out they are desperately trying to gain the favor of OOIDA.

11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    That'll be the day, when ooida and TQL are holding hands ...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.