Taking action against TQL

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by afdtrucking, May 17, 2016.

1. wheelerdealer

wheelerdealer Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Justin O'Grady of TQL (carrier services manager) is begging OOIDA daily to be endorsed. Call O'Grady at TQL's number and let him know you are advising OOIDA that his practices and accumulited debt to truckers is unaceptable. Its time for TQL's O'Grady to find another line of work. Can he say "supersize"?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    If you do a search on TQL, you'll find a lawsuit filed against them by the employees.
    A lot of employees was working long shifts and not getting paid overtime.
    Well a new law passed by the White House says that management jobs, has to pay overtime instead of giving salary position to employees and make them work 40 plus hours a week.

Wonder how much influence of the bad labor practices by TQL from a lawsuit, and other companies made, for the White House to act on?

4. old time

old time Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Best way to run a successful business is do business with good people. TQL does not meet the criteria

luckystar, nax, samjward and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    So i am curious how many times one of those lil %$#$%#$ at TQL are going to call you to check up on where you are. 8-10 times in a 6 hours period is excessive... finally I told the clown that I was just about to the receiver and oddly they never called again even after i got unloaded.

6. Lu305

Lu305 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm a owner non operator and I will never run a load for them .... What they offer for their loads is redicules ...... To bad we can't get most people here to not run for them .... People don't seem to understand that there is strength in numbers

7. Oldschooldispatcher310

Oldschooldispatcher310 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2016
    TQL's latest pitch is when you call on a load they say "that $2.00 per mile". LOL!!!!! I said whats the rate... I don't care about per mile I know the lane ...I have run it for 20 years! What a joke they are....
    Now, I just post multiple trucks in all areas and when they call give them a ridiculous rate and listen to them sweat in silence. Love it.

8. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Another thing brokers don't understand. You might have to drive 50 to 100 for pick up.

9. KoonTrucking

KoonTrucking Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Booneville, MS
    Let me start by saying that TQL are a bunch of crooks, my company picked up a load in Valdosta GA on 03/08/16 and delivered the load to Southaven MS on 03/29/16. There was no where on the rate conformation stating that the driver was to count the load or was it mentioned in the calls to book the load. Luckily the driver has been burned in the past, so he tried to go inside and count the product but they told him that he had to wait in the truck to be loaded. They loaded the truck and came out to seal it, he had the guy sign the bills that the truck was sealed there. Arrived in Southaven MS and the guard that checked him in also signed that seal was intact. The product was short 75 pieces. TQL was notified of the shortage, then six months later they send me a bill stating that I owed them $2,200.00 for the short product. I called them and asked why it was so long after they decided to bill me for the product being short, lady would not answer that. I called my cargo insurance company and they conducted an investigation and found the same thing, if we were not allowed on the dock to count the product and seal was placed at shipper and was on at at the receiver, it had to be a miscount on someones part and not our fault so they refused to pay the amount of money. Then today 11/23/16 TQL pulled $2,355.00 from our account. They are such a bunch of crooks, these brokers want to put all the responsibility on the carrier to go inside and count the loads, isnt that the people that loads the trucks jobs to begin with? I hope TQL burns in HELL for the the crooked things they do to carriers. Hopefully every trucking company will refuse to deal with them and they are forced to go out of business.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Get a bunch of independents on a jury and we will award you a nuclear settlement.
    Wishful thinking, I know ...

11. Luwi67

Luwi67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Long island
    Sorry to here that Koon and I'm with you on TQL.

Problem is, when Carriers sign these "broker contracts" they are basically signing away any of their rights. These contracts state (not directly) if anyone in the chain makes a mistake, the carrier will swing for it. You have the right to cross out and initial anything that violates your rights as a carrier to protect yourself against crooks like TQL.

I'd contact a lawyer to check your options with this particular case.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.