Taking another swing at it

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wickedfire77, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Finally in a door. I hate grocery DCs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Times like this remind me to not go back to reefer work. It makes me appreciate the old dry dock warehouse

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  4. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    After I drop this one in MI, my preloaded has 3 stops. Lincoln NE, buena vista, CO and Gilbert AZ.
    I'm going to break my hiney to make sure I can be empty to include this one on this weeks settlement.
    What a way to wrap up this lease, than a Yuge settlement for the 2nd to last week.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I didn't catch it if you have mentioned it but what will your mileage be around on the truck when it's finally yours?

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  6. Raxus

Raxus Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2017
    SW Iowa
    @Wickedfire77 Thank you for writing and maintaining this thread (read all of it since beginning this past week) Love hearing your thoughts about your leasing adventures and about trucking in general.

Also noticed your trials with health issues. One thing in particular that caught my attention was your continuing battle with gout and kidney health (I had gout on both big toe knuckles). I am currently on kidney dialysis and have been going for 10 years now. I am also a prior kidney transplant. If you have any questions or concerns about your kidney health don't hesitate to ask. I am hoping to get a transplant in a year or so and get my CDL and get out there and earn some real money and see the country!

Anyways be safe and that truck is yours soon!!

Rax

7. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    900k on a 2005 motor. Detroit 60. So if I baby it, it should last another 200k before a rebuild, which I know is coming.

8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Hopefully the forecast is correct for the whole region I'm delivering to in Colorado and I will not have to chain up my tires for any reason. (3 mountain passes to go though I don't look forward to. )

9. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Ok, so turns out not every mountain pass in Colorado is like Vail and there shouldn't be much of anything to getting to AZ tomorrow

RERM Thanks this.
  10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    My backhaul is a pain. I have to drop my empty at 8am tomorrow, (couldn't take it today!) then they will load it to be ready at 8am Friday.
    2 days to kill in Phoenix. Wonder if I can score a motel room

11. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I forgot that spring training takes place here and FL so room rates are ridiculous

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.