Taking another swing at it

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wickedfire77, Mar 18, 2014.

1. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I'm a member of that group but I don't get on FB very often anymore.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    So I’m getting a PM and a DOT inspection at TA sawyer, and they said I had 2 different style slack adjusters on my rear drive axel. I’ve only ever had inspection done at equity shops, so it put there a while back. According to TA it’s a violation to have 2 different style slacks on the same axle.
    Also need a tire replacement and drums done.
    My estimated cost is more than I expected or wanted to pay. Luckily I’m leased to a generous and understanding company

4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    It is indeed an OOS violation. Almost had one in my last inspection.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So basically you will be with them now another 2 years once all is said and done. You not making progress now. Better start saving more money.
    Thanks for heads-up on the slacks thou we will make sure ours are same.

6. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I had cash on hand, the tire was the big one I didn’t expect. They only covered $600 or so beyond the tire. I covered the rest up front. I’m going to argue that it was the company shop that put mismatched slacks on, so that part of it they should cover in full.
    I’ll still have my motor paid off by June next year. This was just a hiccup because I just had two other tires replaced. On the bright side, I can pass a DOT without worrying. And it’s that much more I don’t need to worry about.
    Now I can only hope nothing else goes wrong so I CAN save up my maintenance account again.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  7. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Headed home for a blood draw and RX refill, then going on a long run so I can pay rent.

8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Unfortunately I’ll miss the avengers movie on opening weekend, but my wife and I will see Super Troopers 2 when I’m home

9. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    On my way to stop 1 of 2. I should make it Monday morning and then head to stop 2 for probably Tuesday.
    I snuck away from the truck to watch the new avengers movie.

I’m working on getting my health in order. Watching my sodium and restricting my carbs.
    I go to Ann Arbor in 2 weeks to see what the kidney doctor has to say...the day after I get my recertification to drive.

A stressful few weeks to say the least

10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Saw a truck lose control and fall down next to an overpass and catch fire in Oklahoma today. Driver got out according to other drivers who could see that side of the truck. Surprised since it went up quick and was thick with black smoke. Even caught the grass on fire on both sides of the highway.

11. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    You will have some surprises when you get back. There is no more warehouse. Everyone is now in main office and it's all Neslte and Purina. No more LTL only full truck loads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.