Tango Transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by serdriver, Oct 13, 2012.

1. HotRodSmokeCity

HotRodSmokeCity Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Birmingham Al
    there right need at least 3 months before making a opinon. just me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ship71021

ship71021 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    I seem to be happy!!! I guess i'm the exception!!!

4. Boondocks_4WD

Boondocks_4WD Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Does this company offer a fuel bonus? Do they offer 401k match? If they don't offer fuel bonus. Does that mean the driver manager is getting it. Wake up folks its more efficient for the company to pay one man_____The Dm a bonus rather than paying 50 drivers 1 cent per mile. All they have to do is train the Dm to make you do what he wants you to do. Oh yes it is ways to make you like cut your miles or give you bad runs or even a probation tactic.

easy duz it Thanks this.
  5. mtooslow

mtooslow Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Shreveport La
    Heard the same stories plus a few more from him, when I went thru orientation there. Bad first impression. But on a positive note I have enjoyed most of my time there at Tango

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    d o g Thanks this.
  6. Boondocks_4WD

Boondocks_4WD Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Ok people believe what you like but when a company tells you they are turning off your prepass. You'd better believe something is wrong. Evidently they must have a high csa score. Let me tell you drivers, if you come to work for a company like that you will be going into every scale house and Guess what! Your score gets trashed. Take it or leave it the is the truth.

7. chained2thetrk

chained2thetrk Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Magazine, Arkansas
    I was hired in January of this year and overall I guess most companies are the same in trucking. I have driven for 5 years and applied in Jan 2012 and the recruiter (Christina) called often and I put her off until I finally caved and figured new year, new start plus Western Flyer's 2 week pay sucked. My issue with Tango is this past pay period none of use got checks through the direct deposit. My question is, has this happened here before? They offered large advances and to pay any fees but it overall disrupted the trust I had. Now, it does not kill my family and I to have a delayed paycheck, we are ok but it makes one wonder plus other occurences like prepass being shut off and having to really fight for miles. I mean I have to beg for longer hauls. I was hired for the home run fleet but have found if I run the h.r.f. the miles suck. which I know in the game, miles vs hometime = money variences (so I stay out 2 weeks and it seems to help but contridicts the 3 out of 4 home weekend they advertise). In my 5 years of driving I never had a payroll issue til here. So I ask should I give then the benefit of the doubt that it was a "glitch" or should I move on. I dang sure didn't want to change again and start over somewhere else. My numbers (csa) are excellent and seem to have the pick where I can go. This leads me to my next question, Southern Refrigerated is beating down my door, should I or give chance to Tango. Just wanted opinions other than my wife. She don't always get the trucking thing. Is Tango worth another chance? Thank you.

8. chained2thetrk

chained2thetrk Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Magazine, Arkansas
    Forgot to mention it seems they have all their eggs in one basket with these paper mills, is anyone else running anything different here. Staying out the 2 weeks only seem to increase my miles a little, I still find that the planners stretch the appt times and it seems they get me to 2250 miles it slacks off despite hours availible. I know 2250 is the target, does other Tango drivers find it slowes after reaching target miles. (example: we got him there lets concentrate elswhere now) I want more though. SO I beg Like a dog looking in the butchers window!

Boondocks_4WD Thanks this.
  9. wndrwtr

wndrwtr Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Texas
    Dunno about others, my prepass is still working. Payroll glitch has happened only twice in the 10 years I have been with Tango. IMO the HRF will always get lower miles due to the fact your going home 3 weekends a month. Have had an average of 2900 miles a week for the last month with some loads that are getting me thru the house for a sleepover and laundry. My loads have been a mix of paper, wally world, Lowes, Land O Lakes feed, and a couple broker loads.
    Just pulled Tango's CSA score..high is 68.4% in the Unsafe Driving..Lower than it was last time I looked.

10. mtooslow

mtooslow Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Shreveport La
    Do you work at Tango Transport?? Or have YOU ever worked there???

11. MisplacedJew

MisplacedJew Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I ran for Tango for about a year. Never an issue with PrePass or with ComData (Except the week we switched to the new pay cards, but that was taken care of within minutes). Miles were consistent for me until about October of last year; I usually managed about 2300-2600 miles per week and was home most every weekend for at least 34 hours. Mostly ran paper/scrap and beer, but had the misfortune of running a bit of FedEx freight near the end - took me down to 1100-1300 miles per week, about 2-3 weeks out. Going from $900 or so per week down to $400 while staying out 2-3 weeks wasn't going to cut it, so I asked nicely to be taken off that particular run. After getting the runaround from nearly everyone I simply told them that I was terminating my employment, turned my truck in and went home. Hell, I could probably get that job back if I wanted, but I don't work for free... for me, it's a matter of profit - if I'm not putting back at LEAST $250/week on average whilst being away from home, it ain't worth my time.

Overall they're not a bad bunch at the West Memphis terminal; just stay on top of them concerning miles and hometime. If they don't listen, refuse loads. If they force loads on you, throw a fit. If none of that works, quit. If your CSA, etc., are in good shape, go find something you think fits better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.