Tanker companies

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by gerjamr, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Metawolf

Metawolf Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Decatur, Georgia
    Cricketsman, does Lawson train inexperienced drivers. I did some bulk training with Schneider but not enough to just hop in a truck and haul without more training. I'm hoping to avoid the HUGE companies and don't live that far from Gainesville, so I'd like to learn more about them. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    If anyone lives in Florida, check out Kenan. I think they require 3 years but I am not sure. Also, check out commercial carriers or CCC. They have terminals in Florida too. Hope this helps:

Kinghunter

4. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    I will be calling your company and will refer your ##224. I am in Ringgold GA if that works for them.
    Thanks for the info, got any more send it to me.
    *** Tony Morris / MorrisGray *** :biggrin_25514:

5. basalganglia

basalganglia Bobtail Member

May 3, 2008
    Gray,TN
    Kenan is a very large conglomerate, owned by the Investment firm Littlejohn and Co. What I've researched, very good company to get on with on the local side, not sure about OTR though.

Tankers are the way to go if you don't mind surge and slosh. With a smooth bore You gotta watch your speed on the ramps and never follow to closely to the vehicle in front. If your a newby and haven't pulled anything else, you won't know how glad you are you chose a bottle first.

Driving test, take a 20 ounce bottle of water drink two big gulps, leaving 60 - 80% of the liquid. Now put the cap back on and lay it on its side on your dash, leveling the bottle with the cap forward. As you drive try to keep the water from surging and sloshing, watch what it does around curves. Now imagine this on a grander scale.

Tankers require a more responsible driver.

BigJon310 Thanks this.
  6. cricketsman05

cricketsman05 Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Union Grove, Alabama
    I drive for a tanker company where the smooth bore tanks are almost always loaded to the top. There isn't a problem with slosh. Once a year I may get a load that sloshes. If you want to pull a tanker you shouldn't let that be your decision maker. That is part of the job if it sloshes. Keeps you on your toes. Some people can handle it some can't. If you want to ride around and lolly gag and not pay attention to what your are doing then tankers may not be for you.

73's and safe trucking

7. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    Or any other Schneider tanker drivers. Do you run the whole 48 plus Canada?
    Are you getting decent miles? I'm currently talking to them, and don't want to do dry van.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.