Tanker driver make big bobo

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by orangepicker, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    bet she wasn't his girlfriend after that!

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi super, once, with my Western Star, after a rather long couple of days, grabbed a nozzle and started pumping. Put about 8 or 9 gallons in before I realized it was a gas pump. Put another 50 gallons of diesel on top of it, honestly, and never did notice any difference, except, I did go through a couple of fuel filters. I believe straight gas would melt the engine pretty quick.

4. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4337564]Hi super, once, with my Western Star, after a rather long couple of days, grabbed a nozzle and started pumping. Put about 8 or 9 gallons in before I realized it was a gas pump. Put another 50 gallons of diesel on top of it, honestly, and never did notice any difference, except, I did go through a couple of fuel filters. I believe straight gas would melt the engine pretty quick.[/QUOTE]
    Gas in a diesel engine can cause a whole mess of problems. Though since you diluted it enough I think your engine was alright.

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I can tell you a mess Texaco had a few years back in Las Vegas when switching over to winter gas. They had their own storage tanks while the rest of us drew off a common carrier. Their drivers kept telling the plant manager the product did not look right and it was flowing way too slow. Of course the upper management did not take action for awhile and told them it was just a little water with the ethanol. Finally, the drivers all got together and made the company take a look. Their gasoline by this time was like a milk shake. Every underground storage tank in southern NV, northern AZ, and some in UT had to be pumped and steamed cleaned. It must of cost them millions. Now in any tank farm that has Texaco aboveground storage tanks you'll see a dome on top to let the rain water run off. Water can become a big problem if not monitored for.

They say you can get gasoline while a trucks is off loading but I wouldn't. There's filters just like a diesel engine in the pumps but they have to be changed to work properly. The tube that goes down into the underground tank is cut at an angle and empties above the bottom of the tank. If the station does not do all that amount of sales I would wait also.

Big Don and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Wonder if that had anything to do with Texaco being taken over by Chevron?

7. bigchuckie

bigchuckie Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Middle of nowhere maine
    Pump it out and haul it back to the tank farm. We would just dump it into a tank that holds millions of gallons of diesel fuel

8. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    It was sold as hazardous waste. Too much water.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  9. gearjamin

gearjamin Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2010
    SE Michigan
    They will have to pump the out of spec product out and take it to a refinery.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.