Tanker to ready mix

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Fold_Moiler, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah you can’t come on a union job site obviously if you aren’t and all the good jobs are union, the state/city/county will throw the non union guys a job once in a blue moon.

I’m not trying to be biased but you can definitely tell. We all have dress codes. Nothing crazy just pants and work boots and some sort of shirt. But I’d go to non union jobs and it’s like I just walked in the trailer park. Dudes doing concrete in sweat pants with no shirts and sneakers just dirty as all hell. Lol they are usually a safety guys worst nightmare too.

We aren’t even that strict on the union stuff. Go to nyc and they are even more hard core than us. Overall it’s a good thing I’d say though, gets young people in construction with free training and they can make a lot of money, my income has doubled since I went union. It’s not like what you described your company as here. Good luck finding over 25 an hour if it isn’t a union construction job except for the cryo tanker guys but they are union as well.

I just saw something today that unions are coming back like crazy in corporate America. Especially in white collar jobs since workers are treated so poorly with trash benefits.

77fib77 and speedyk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I was talking with a Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers rep years ago when I was in a local and he said he'd had a call from some doctors who wanted to unionise at a hospital to get fair working hours and conditions. :^)

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  4. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Yep. Believe it or not video game makers are organizing a lot now too for fair working hours and paid ot etc.

They work them 100 hours a week with no ot and then when the game is done they fire them.

Unions are needed in this day and age in every profession.

5. Okie dokey

Okie dokey Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Wish there were union jobs in Oklahoma city. Everyone's always hiring but paying crap.

Fold_Moiler Thanks this.
  6. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    You can organize at your job.

7. Okie dokey

Okie dokey Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2018
    They'd just hire illegals instead that's what happened to most of the construction here they even taken over the concrete and asphalt plants

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.