Tape up your glad hands?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Infosaur, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Snoopycda

Snoopycda Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Edmonton Ab.
    I think I proved it for you in the second video.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. catwrench55

catwrench55 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2015
    lock the power divider and drag the trailer till they get tired of chasing you or the smoking tires choke em out

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Nothing more embarrassing than when your drives get less grip than your steers and tandems combined. It's not a good look.

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    If my wagon is on fire I'm pulling the pin as fast as i can, put it in 3rd or 4th and give er hell. It'll get out from under it

HardwareHyena Thanks this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    image.jpg
    Speaking about 5th wheel releases. Standard issue on every truck in my employer’s fleet-OTR,local/regional or otherwise.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. HardwareHyena

HardwareHyena Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Depew, NY
    I noticed when used them driving local for ltl some of them wouldn't work, or the air wasn't functioning to the unlock latch...

I'm slapping mech grease on the lines in real hot spot cities. Also buying a few half dozen "BP" vests wholesale or scratch n dent , from a vandalized PD maybe to stuff inside the doors and maybe hang one in front of the ole radiator grill. , Just in case.

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Funny thing is, I’ve considered taking the license plate off my car, and it’s amusing how many good reasons to do it.

1.) these rioters take pics of your plate then charge YOU with assault when your trying to escape mob violence.

2.) plates can be easily removed and placed on a stolen car for the commission of crime

3.) turning all toll roads into toll by plate, certainly a financial incentive

4.) same with “lazy policing” (red light cameras, speed cameras, drive by plate readers, etc.)

5.) and finally with the cops reluctant to actually enforce the laws of late (and who can blame them?) pulling over a guy for a plate being stuffed in the window (*cough**cough*)instead of on the rear mount is a “fix it” ticket at best and can be fought in court with a receipt for new plate screws.

so yeah,,, I’ve considered it.

9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Just seeing this thread, we carry small rolls of baling wire in the truck for securing container twist locks, not uncommon for me to also use it secure my glad hands if I have one that's loose and I can't get it tighter. Multiple wraps around the hands then twist it tight.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Actually, as long as it has a specific protections to prevent accidental use, they are legal. Both of the Mack Anthem's I test drove in 2018 had it, IIRC, both brakes had to be set, truck in neutral, flip a switch, flip a second switch, wait for the "pop", drive away.

11. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    As long as the airlines are still attached, hammer down, drives and trailer will still roll, first chance I get, there will be a hard right or a hard left, loose the trailer, and GTFO. Worse case scenario, I might burn up one or two drive tires. Hopefully, the trailer flips on top of a few protestors.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.