TDI in Milton first week completed

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Eggroll'n Trucker, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Eggroll'n Trucker

Eggroll'n Trucker Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2018
    I want to take them asap, but CDL school is M-F 7am-5:30pm. The DMVs are closed outside of those hours, and I haven't found a place that opens on Saturdays.

Man, feels like it's just further delaying me on getting a tanker job...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tanker companies will still offer you jobs contingent on getting the endorsements prior to signing on the dotted line. You can knock out the tanker & hazmat test at the DMV in 30 minutes.

Dan.S and Eggroll'n Trucker Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's great; you'll have bragging rights at the high school class reunion. Probably be the highest paid from your senoir class.

5. ChancesRGood

ChancesRGood Light Load Member

May 28, 2017
    lol got my GED instead and went to college my degree is a BS in Physics... I really am smarter than the average bear Ay BooBoo.... as for bragging rights that isnt my goal... I think americans work very hard and are not paid enough in general so I am recommending a job that needs little education but pays well... personally I think truck drivers as a whole should be paid for every minute they are in that truck regardless of it going anywhere... in oil and gas you are paid for being present even if you are just busy waiting and napping till time to work on something

Chinatown and Eggroll'n Trucker Thank this.
  6. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    After you pass, they'll let you go to Milton DMV for your hard license. You can do it then. You could have done it when you too test for Learners permit. It'll also save you money.

Eggroll'n Trucker Thanks this.
  7. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    When I went to take my learners permit, she asked if I wanted to go ahead and take any endorsement test too. I was a little mad that I didn't go ahead and prepared myself for doing so.

I read somewhere that you have to get finger printed, and they didn't offer that service at the Gulf Breeze Dmv which is where I got my learners permit before starting at TDI.

At this point, you're right. I'm going to go ahead and get all my endorsements after graduation when I go in for my cdl hard copy.

8. Mooseontheloose

Mooseontheloose Light Load Member

May 25, 2014
    St Louis, Metro East
    It might be a good sign of that Florida Rock and Tank Lines doesnt hire without experience. In my eyes that probably makes them one of the better companies. Get your year in and reapply there. Maybe they can be a little more selective. You’ll have a lot more options after you get that first year in. You’ll see the difference in companies after you’re out there. You’ll see who and why some companies have constant turnover

Eggroll'n Trucker Thanks this.
  9. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    One of my biggest concern is getting my 1yr down with a standard transmission, but most big companies are running equipment that's fully automatic. I would hate to try and get into a local job when most locals still run standard trans.

10. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    Didja double check the DMV hours ??
    Here in Missouri most dmvs are open the last Saturday of the month

11. Eggroll'n Trucker

Feb 17, 2018
    Yes, I've checked multiple times. I have not found one that opens any Saturday of the month.

I live here in Navarre, FL, if you can find me one just let me know please and thank you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.