TDI or York tech in SC

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mobious212, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Mobious212

Mobious212 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2015
    looks like those are all flatbed what's the major difference and TMC seems pretty interesting with their percentage pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Ozark is dry van.
    Hadden is reefer.
    Dartco is dry van.

TMC has driver facing cameras.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Hadden House just bought 10 brand new tractors and trailers.

5. StopPete

StopPete Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I plan on enrolling in a CDL school next March... currently reading and gathering as much information as humanly possible. And there's a mind-boggling amount of information on this career! Would you recommend submitting applications prior to even beginning the school, or wait until at least Day 1?

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'd do it on Day 1. Some people do it earlier, and many times the company reply's "Contact us when you're in school."
    What type job do you want and where is your location? Are you over 21,22,23?

7. StopPete

StopPete Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm 46; current location is Ecuador (moved here 3 1/2 yrs. ago, returning to the U.S. in March); wherever my CDL school (am thinking of going with TDI) is located will be my new "home...", then I'll relocate to wherever the hiring company is and I'll be based out of. I want an OTR job; just want to drive as much as regulations will allow and make as much as possible. I'm getting into the game late and want to make the most of it. And thank you for responding!

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have a drivers license now for a car?

9. StopPete

StopPete Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Yes, I have a VA drivers' license, expires 2018.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Attend cdl school in VA and you will graduate with a VA cdl and it will have whatever the address is on your car drivers license.
    Plenty of OTR companies hire from Virginia. Doesn't matter where the company headquarters is located. For example, a company based in Oklahoma or Washington State, can hire a Virginia driver.
    Some companies run coast to coast except NYC or the Northeast, and some run all 48 states. Danny Herman Trucking (no northeast or NYC) is an example and they hire new cdl grads.
    Abilene Motor Express in Richmond hires new cdl grads.
    Dozens of companies to choose from.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  11. StopPete

StopPete Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ok; re: the drivers' license, I was advised by a gentleman with TDI in Richburg that I should arrive in Richburg a week before the class begins, to allow me time to acquire a SC drivers' license. I'm very flexible either way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.