Team Car Hauling?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Tomhauler99, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h07w33ls

h07w33ls Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2007
    the sticker patch,Az
    i thought of an outfit you might be able to hook-up with.pensacola a/t (p.a.t.) check it out!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigPappa

BigPappa Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    what makes hauling cars more difficult then hauling general freight?

4. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI

I myself have heard just the opposite, car hauling is easier because you dont have the long waits at shippers/receivers etc. Loading is something you have to learn but after that from everything I hear its much better than general freight.

5. h07w33ls

h07w33ls Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2007
    the sticker patch,Az
    i personally like cars better because there is no appointment times to keep,there is no waiting around usually,and you seem to get more respect from the shipper/reciever.plus you get more exercise,the pay is better,and its mentally challeging.ive done freight for the last 8 months and im ready to go back to cars.i will start my new carhaul job on march 5th.:smt045

6. Tomhauler99

Tomhauler99 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Thanks, i know about that Company and it is one iam considering.

7. JuneBug

JuneBug Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2007
    United States :)
    Hi there:yes2557:!

I'm new to this site, but couldn't help but want to reply to your post. I hope the following information helps you some what. I'm a little leary of giving to much information for one never knows what harmful reprimands will come as a result of it...but here I go anyhow (Freedom of Speech):

I'm not sure if (DAS) Dependable Auto Shippers, out of Mesquite, TX, is still hiring "company" drivers these days...I heard that due to a close-call with bankruptsy they decided to do a lease program instead. I do know they prefer team drivers to solo drivers. Their payscale is decent, but their problems are with communications. There are to many chiefs and not enough indians if you get my drift. Be for-warned DAS' health insurance and benefit package is very expensive, especially their family coverage. Another aspect of the company is their claims department, they love to side with the "corporate customer" and pin any and all damages on their drivers. Watch your DAC report if you ever leave this company :biggrin_25516:! I would recommend the company below before I would DAS.

GST Transport Systems (formaly Gulf State Toyota Transport Systems, L.P.). DAS loses drivers to this company all the time. Therfore they hate this company and hold a grudge on anyone who attempts to better themselves financially by joining GST's team. GST pays great and hauls new cars, this helps with "claims" descrepancies. Their health insurance is very reasonably priced and they match 401k well. Their trucks could use work, especially when you first start out with them (of course newbies always get older trucks that need most of the repairs). However they are turning their fleet over to newer model trucks!

Another company is Wagoneers or Jack Cooper. You may want to do an internet search and gather information on all the companies I've suggested. A comparison chart will help you and your husband make an educated decision. :biggrin_25525:

Car hauling is not for everyone, it is hard work!! If you are not in decent shape it will be even harder. Some of those expensive lil cars are TINY to fit into! In the end, No one will like the company they work for 100% of the time, but respect for their employees goes a long way for me. If you respect me than I'll respect you!

I wish you both the best of luck on finding a "team driving" experience!

:biggrin_25514:,

~Lady JuneBug (wife of JuneBug)~

P.S. Please disregard any typo's, I'm in the process of downloading the spell checker :biggrin_25526:.

8. Ted Thompson

Ted Thompson Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Topeka, Kansas
    any idea of what a car hauler nets per year?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.