Team driver owner-operators?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by FreeStateSupporter, Dec 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeStateSupporter

FreeStateSupporter Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2019
    What criteria needs to be met when team driving so that one driver is not considered an employee of the other? The situation I have in my head is one person owns a truck the other does not have a truck yet but wants to be in owner-operator and for now wants to run team with a parent owner-operator and be 1099.

I personally am looking to team drive with an owner operator to gain experience. I have no Driving Experience except for the school that I went to. The important factor here for me is that I'm an independent contractor. I cannot sign a W-2 without perjury myself has the IRS tax code is based on the irs's definition of US citizen which is the federal US citizen which I do not identify with. I'm in the process of getting my passport. During this passport process I will be attaching explanatory statement clarifying that I am a US citizen based off of a supreme court definition that says citizens of states are US citizens. I will be clarifying that I have not the US citizen that they are referring to when you check yes I am a US citizen on the passport application. The idea is that it can't be used against you in court did you claim to be a federal US citizen subject to the IRS tax code. Signing a W-2 would cause me to perjure myself. So I have to be an independent contractor for the rest of my life. I know this Probably sounds foreign to a lot of people. But I know the guy who helps people with the process and I respect him a lot he has all his ducks in a row and he has State reps that are clients of his.

The short of it is I need to be an independent contractor from the get-go. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading Forums on here for about a week and there's lots of great information from great Truckers. Thanks in advance!

If you are interested to understand why the State citizen issue is important to me the video below has a lot of information. Keep in mind I know this guy personally.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.