Team Driving for Us Express

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by hollywood76, May 22, 2017.

1. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    hello everyone we came to a decision to drive for us express so we will start goin to school in august then Septemberin our trainers trucks and then by October in our own truck hopefully so here our questions
    1. Do we get paid for the first week of training or do we have to wait one week
    2. Do they let u go home on first load or do they want us to run a few loads first then go home couldn't get a good answer from the recruiter on the phone
    3. Dedicated runs or should we get sum exp OTR first
    hope to be trucking before October so I hope to keep this thread goin while in school and on the road

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    You will get paid for orientation (3 days)
    When you get your new fuel card when orientation is over.

Payroll is cut Tuesday night at midnight any days ( not counting orientation) that you are assigned to your trainers truck will be paid that Friday. If you get on the truck Sat you would get 4 days, if you get on the truck Mon you would get 2 days

As soon as you both get on the same truck get your now FM to get you home. "Company policy"

hollywood76 and Highway_Executive Thank this.
  4. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin

5. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    thanks for getting back to me thanks a lot

6. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago

1. Do we get paid for the first week of training or do we have to wait one week

Flood covered this. I also think it's $70.00 a day. When I was training they had me paried with a traininer who

2. Do they let u go home on first load or do they want us to run a few loads first then go home couldn't get a good answer from the recruiter on the phone

IF your going to school on your own dime then I suggest you swing by the house to grab what you need, if USX is paying for it then except to be OTR with a trainer for 4-5 weeks. If you upgrade at the tunnel hill terminal there is a good chance you will meet your FM; let em know you need to go home and they should get you a load going that way (not sure where you live).

3. Dedicated runs or should we get sum exp OTR first
    hope to be trucking before October so I hope to keep this thread goin while in school and on the

While I was at USX I ran solo, dedicated and teams. Teams is where the money is. You will mostly run drop and hook freight. They will definitely run you OTR starting out. They do have team dedicated runs but there is probably a waiting list still.

Good luck.

7. Highway_Executive

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    O yeah.....if they pair you with a trainer who's on a dedicated account (that's what happened to me) USX will put you in a hotel on the weekends, no cost to you and still pay you as if your were training unless they have changed their policy.

8. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    Milwaukee Wisconsin awesome thanks for helping us we a team nice man yea we need to get by the house to get things for our trip

9. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    awesome hope that we get our 175 hrs done in 3 to 4 weeks hopefully

10. Highway_Executive

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    o yeah they will get you home. you will be assigned to the markham (Chicago) terminal.

11. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.