Team driving no cdl

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hpaulsen29, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Saddletramp2112

Saddletramp2112 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Illinois
    I will go take a look at CFI also, I am a 10-year million mile driver and my old lady will be brand-new out of CDL school. I am leaning towards Warner because they have less rules and the lifestyle on the road should be a bit easier than Schneider with a ton of rules, ie: where you can Fuel, their trip routing and idle restrictions. Although it is clear that Schneider is paying better for me and her.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Saddletramp2112

Feb 27, 2018
    Illinois
    I spoke to a CFI recruiter on the phone for about a half an hour. I asked her if she knew of any teams that I could talk to and she said she would look into it. About a half an hour later she called me with the name and number of a husband and wife team that had just started and have been with the company about 6 months. I called that gentleman and he returned my call and we spoke for about an hour and 15 minutes, he told me everything about starting up and staying over at CFE. I tried to do the same thing at Schneider and I got no phone numbers and no response when I asked to be matched up with husband and wife teams to talk with them.

4. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    awesome man that's how CFI rolls straight forward and honest cant beat that I don't think

5. Saddletramp2112

Feb 27, 2018
    Illinois
    Has anybody on this thread started training as a team yet?

6. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    We wait on paperwork t hen off to CFI as a team

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    lots of companies out that to choose from, just a bus ride away.

8. Saddletramp2112

Feb 27, 2018
    Illinois
    Okay good to know that you are moving forward with CFI, please update this post with your experience. I am interested in hearing how it goes, we will probably be heading that way also in the next 3 to 6 weeks

9. hollywood76

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
  10. Saddletramp2112

Feb 27, 2018
    Illinois
    She is about to finish school in a week or so, we are slated to go to CFI. I will let you know how it goes. Any other teams at see if I out there that can tell us how the miles in the running is going?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you two after a certain length of time in Training build up endurance and STAMINA to RUN you will discover that there are times you cross the USA twice in 6 days. That usually works out to a number between 5500 to 7000 miles roughly dpending on where you started, where you delivered, drop hooked back to your start city. For us it was LA to Avenel NJ. Sometimes even as far as Linfield CT via Detriot reloading for it from Memphis from LA. And be back in LA on about 6 days and 9 hours roughly.

That's going flat out. Personal hygene was handled on the move with body wipes of a certain kind, a human toilet with the approrpirate chemicals acting like a giant cat litter box and 300 plus gallons of fuel every 24 to 30 hours in about 10 minutes. Everything else was handled in cab on the move. We rarely were forced to stop. Occasionally severe icing would do it and then only to sunrise to where it starts melting, dripping and all that. Off we went. We had enough food and fluids for up to 6 weeks.

There have been times we pushed 40,000 miles in a month and when we get that far that fast, there have been times I tell the spouse to stop right there and do not move until I get back into it no matter what happens back there behind the catwalk. I sometimes get truck sick and throw up really badly. But as long it's not blood coming up Im happy. When you put too many miles on, too long too fast the body sometimes violently requires rest in a situation that is not reverberation, moving or working in to the mountains etc. A overnight in a hotel room takes care of that right quick.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.