Team driving pay?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by MrIT, Jul 30, 2014.

1. MrIT

MrIT Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Anyone know what the team driving pay scale is at Stevens? I don't know if I am interested but this is the only question that I did not cover with the recruiter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    the total miles of the truck are divided equally between the two drivers. However the rate you are paid is dependent on your experience. So let's say you and I team. As a solo driver you are earning 0.31, but I'm earning 0.38. The 5800 miles our truck drove this week will be paid at 2900 miles each...you at 0.31 ($899) and me at 0.38 ($1,102).

4. MrIT

MrIT Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Do they start you at a higher rate than .26 for teaming?

5. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    $200.00 extra to deal with someone else team driving, no thanks! For a team operation, you should be making 50% more at minimum then solo. The company is making a killing out of you. They have on truck, but double the revenue, no idle time, plus some loads get premium pay for expedited team service. Suckers.

6. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    The per mile pay is the same whether you're solo or team.
    The advantage of team is they get premium loads most of the time with better overall miles. The load planners are always covering the teams with good loads.
    So long as you don't burn them.

7. flue

flue Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Emulsified is partially correct...maybe two thirds-ish. We were team prior to going alliance so im gonna lay it down for ya. Give ya the skinny. Ready?

The truck is the key. Stevens sets up teams as the truck. Its what the truck drives, and its the trucks cpm. AND the cpm structure is different for teams too.

For example... john and jane drive team. They drive 5400 miles in one week. The cpm their truck makes ( based upon their combined experience) is .38cpm. Their combined income is 2052.00 and that is the number split between them. There could be differences in the checks cut based upon deductions and advances. But each will gross 1026.00 based upon the trucks performance.

See, emul, two thirds. <3

Edit: that .38cpm is team starting, not senior drivers or long time employees. But that cpm is based upon the combined experience of both drivers.

rgomez191 and Corporal_Clegg Thank this.
  8. rgomez191

rgomez191 Light Load Member

May 24, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks for the information. How many miles would you say teams make on average a week at Stevens? I will be heading over there on the 18th of this month and am interested in teaming up with someone who wants to run 2 months straight at a time.

9. flue

flue Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    We have, as team, run as few as 1900 and as much as 5300 per week, but on average, its between 3900-4500.
    We dont push hard tho.

Corporal_Clegg and rgomez191 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.