Team Driving

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Cerberus101, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    ain't that the truth! you try to go to sleep.... and POOF. crap pops up in your mind for no apparent reason.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Check your PM's bones I found the info you wanted.

4. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

gottacha monkey boy......thanks for your help..........

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Your welcome! Soon as I posted that I got your PM.:biggrin_25523:

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I'lnever run prouce again unless it's my truck and someone else driving it. The company is the only one who makes out better on produce. I'v spent more 12 hour days at produce sheds than I care to remember.

I think only the conway ltl guys work the docks not the other ones. I could be wrong though, it's happended once before.

Look for companies hauling mail and auto parts. Both run alot of teams and very time sensitive. I'm looking at buying a truck to run auto parts from Laredo to Detroit right now. Still on the fence about it though. Bad time to be bying trucks

7. Sentinel

Sentinel Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2006
    The Blacklands Of Texas
    The Con-way LTL & PU&D people do work the dock. The Truckload service teams do not work the dock. The truckload people are run pretty hard from coast to coast and just Con-way terminal to terminal. That is how truckload gets their 100% drop and hook.

8. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia

oh ok. thanks for clearifing that for me......................

9. flitterby

flitterby Light Load Member

Con-way is starting to look like a good place to run hard for 3 years and then take it easy....

10. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    keep in mind, Con-Way has just turned their trucks down to 68Mph, but the length of time given for the runs is unchanged. And some of these runs are T-I-G-H-T to begin with.

You will be given a Volvo 670, which is not a bad truck, but it is tiny. Only has a 61" sleeper. It does come with a fridge, the closet space is laughable. You are expected to stay out at least 3 weeks, but since I have worked there, their home time has been relaxed a bit, I guess you get more than the 1 day off for every 7 out.

If you sit anywhere for any length of time, they pay for your hotel, up to $45 or $50 I think.

You will run hard, you will make good money, and you are on a very strict schedule. This is not for everyone. You have to be very disciplined with your time management. There are runs where you may not have time for a shower (the shorter ones), or at times it means grab your food and run.

11. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

CFI is wanting teams big time. You'll get a T-2000 to live in.
    If interested, please give me a PM.:biggrin_25520:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.