Team Driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Team Two, Nov 29, 2009.

1. grusco

grusco Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Rosemount, MN
    I'm in the process of submitting an application to Schneider for Team driving. A CDL school classmate is considering joining me but he also likes the money that might be available in oil fields. Might be on my own finding a team mate (or with company help). Having read Craig's posts and others here I think teaming might work for me. Seems like it would be a good way to start this new adventure (just graduating from the CDL school here in MN). Make better dollars than going solo. Benefit of teaming would be the 2nd set of eyes. I know all the downsides. I'm not marrying a partner and if it doesn't work out the Company is large enough to move without having to quit. Anyone seeking a team mate in Twin Cities area?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Hey grusco unless you are doing it with the mrs. I would highly discourage it. It rarely works out for non couples

4. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    You say rarely but I know quite a few non-married teams that say they are doing great. I do think it is tougher though. Gotta be a good match.

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    And if it's not a good match just find another one.

6. kgoode

kgoode Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2012
    My husband and I are looking at taking CDL training this October, with the intention of driving as a team...any advice/suggestions/things to consider would be appreciated.

We are comfortable with the being together all the time, and communicate really well. We are at a spot in our lives that if we are going to make a change, now would be the time, no kids, and a his father could take care of our cats and house.

Thanks

7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    It really takes about six months to settle into the lifestyle so be patient. The hardest part is that most of the time you are communicating (or NOT communicating) one of you is very tired and one of you have just woken up. It can get very interesting uf you do not have a sense of humor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.