Team Operation Log Question

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Stormcroe, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    Also, I know much of your question has been answered. Here is the link to the FMCSRs that will tell you just about anything you want to know regarding hours of service. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/rules-regulations.htm
    Once there, read section 395.1 (G)(1) and (G)(ii) which spells out the split sleeper provision.
    I recommend that to anyone who may have questions about hours of service.
    Good luck coming back and be safe out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    We run teams alot were I work & depending on your route we split ours up as best we can.

As an example; on my El Paso run I drive out to Odessa, we fuel, & swap and my partner drives on into El Paso & begins our deliveries. I'll get my 10hr break & finish the route then drive back to Ranger were we fuel and swap again. We flip flop each week. We have other teams that run it differently but our system works best for us.

I've ran some Oklahoma routes & we just run those 10 & 10. We do kinda the same with our New Mexico routes. It's kinda tough for us because we not only driver but have to deliver our freight so we have to maximize our time as much as possible.

As mentioned in an earlier post I believe the HOS to be designed for solo operations & are not very beneficial for a team.

4. NauticalStar

NauticalStar Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    I had a quick question relating to team log books: Is each driver required to keep his own separate log or do they share the same logbook?

5. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    Each driver has their own log book.

NauticalStar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.