Team starting out with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by NoCoCraig, Dec 27, 2010.

1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    we run under usx's authority..... their o/o get paid for all miles mt/load. percentage like us don't get paid for mt

if we run usx loads we still get percentage and some times the percentage is less than a usx millage o/o would get.
    but i can be sitting next to a usx o/o who is getting say 1.00 a mile and getting the same load (point a to point b) and my pay could be 3X as much or more...
    we get 100 percent of the paid fsc NOT the avg. we went over 7 months last year that the fsc paid was more than the fuel we used..... 1,950 fsc for a round trip and used 1,910 in fuel. thats using a company app to find the best price on the trip not using the company fuel routing. company discount is 10-.35cpg off the pump price but it changes from one stop to the next.... 2 pilots 50 miles apart may have the same pump price but the discount at one may be .16cpg and the other may be 31cpg

most companies wouldn't let a o/o go from TEAM to SOLO and back anytime they want

we try to work smarter not harder..

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Well, we are taking the truck into the Tunnel Hill Terminal tomorrow to have the Driver Tech taken out and turn in our Pre-Pass Transponder. It has been a great run and we still think USX was a great choice for us.. We made a lot of wonderful friends and learned a lot. New gig starts in a couple of days and I will update with info next week.

Jarhed1964, Wickedfire77 and Wedge Thank this.
  4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Well NoCoCraig, I am glad you still have that positive attitude. As far as money/miles,,USXpress was a great fit for us as well, compared to others.

5. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
  6. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    I don't post a lot but I have kept up with this thread since I became a member because we intend to follow a very similar path, it has been an interesting read... To Craig and Anne, the best of wishes as you move forward...

7. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    I am so sorry. I haven't checked in here in ages so had no idea what was going on with you two. I will keep you in my prayers.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Thank you so much. Life is pretty good.

9. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Thanks Anna, we are good

10. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Anna it is all good. We just made a change that we will share later next week. Pretty excited but also bittersweet as Craig said. USX was a good company for us and we made some great friends and great memories!!

11. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

I know I've been laxed in my TTR upkeep, but this post brings a tear to me eye. :biggrin_2553:

You guys have been great. I'll miss running into you two at the terminals.

Please don't be strangers to the USX threads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.