Team's post here, PLZ!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SheepDog, Dec 4, 2010.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I would like to ask the moderators to consider making a thread for Teams only, like the company threads. That way a guy like me could just click on that thread and get all info posted about companies that hire teams. I am doing research for the best, in my opinion, company to drive for when my wife gets her CDL. I have spent hours researching and this forrum is good but I feel that if there was a specific thread, it would make it easier. There are posts out there from team drivers but they are all over the place on this forrum. I have to use the search box just to find them and they are inconsistant.

That being said, if you are, was or want to be a Team Driver than post here. I have done a lot of research and can give what I can but I am really looking for the best company to drive for and/or the best company to lease to.

Thanks to all those that do post on this forrum for your experiences.

airforcetoo and LongRoadTrucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    Best Of Luck Team driving is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Trust is a major thing

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  4. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    "lil may", thank you for posting.
    I know what you mean about Teaming with somone other than your spouse. I teamed with my best friend, for 4 mo's and we are still friends,,,thank God...LOL

I am looking for the best company for my wife and I. We have been married for 20yrs and together for 24. We have raised 5 kids and now have 3 grandkids. I have 3 yrs drving experience under my belt, but am a 2nd gen driver. Just wanted to raise the kids before I got out on the road.

Thanks again,
    SheepDog

5. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Those little team company catologues that are free at the truck stops are a good place to look for information on different companies and how much they pay. Then you can ask on here how the companies have treated their team drivers.

6. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Been there done that, as they say. Now I am looking for actual experience. You see, it is hard to talk to drivers from some of these companies like; Dot Lines, Quest, IBI and others that I have found from those mags you speak of. I have found a few posts from this forrum concerning those companies but one or two is all.

Thanks again,
    SheepDog

7. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    I take it that you are driving now. Would it be possible if you saw these team companies at truck stops to talk to the drivers? If not too many ppl have posted on here about those types of companies, there may not be many members on this forum that drive as teams with the info that you need.

8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    2lilboots, thank you
    Companies like UsXpress are easy enough to talk to but the companies I am really interested in are companies that I don't see, much or at all, on the road. I already have the jist of Team Driving and look forward to Teaming with my wife. I know that her and I will have some fun and make money. She is going to a local college to get her CDL and I know we have to go with a company, first that will take her and allow me to train her. I currently work for SNI and they will do both. I have teamed with SNI before and was not happy at all with the miles but I was a nooby at that time. At any rate, I will stay where I am and train the wife when she comes over. If, for some reason the miles are good and stay good than we will stay for 1-3 years at which time I want to get our own truck. I than want to find a company that is a Team only and has O/O's.

SheepDog

9. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    You could try Celadon if you start first then the wife comes over you can train her

10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I will be watching this thread... Hubby drove 20+ years ago while I was raising our toddler (who isn't much of a toddler now - LOL)... Now we are headed back on the road (and me driving with him) - he's getting recerted and I will be joining him once he is running solo (have to get stuff straightened away at home) - then I will be trained. Since we don't have 'experience' (well current experience for him and just right seat for me) we are going with a starter company. Of course the recruiter is telling us everything we WANT to hear - but he's been out there and knows its not all sunshine and roses. So I look forward to reading more responses :)

11. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Lady K. I pray this thread takes off, I have been reading threads/posts on this forrum for mo's and only find the occasional post here and there. I pray that this thread will be helpful to all that are in the same boat as you and I. May I inquire the name of the company you and your husband are going to drive for?

SheepDog

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.